INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Series appear in other views?  (Read 886 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
Can Series appear in other views?
« on: November 07, 2014, 08:42:49 am »

I have a view that I created for my daughter titled Disney. I have all her animated movies tagged with Keyword "Disney." I have a rule set up "Keyword contains Disney so that they appear in the Disney view. My question is when a series is imported into MC it goes in the show view. I have some of her cartoons that are tv series that I would like to have appear in the Disney view. Can you have series appear in other views and if so would they function like they do in the show view.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can Series appear in other views?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:04:24 am »

You can set rules for import.  Take a look at Carnac on the wiki.  Or maybe http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import .

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:26:40 am »

As long as the tagging is good, you can make anything appear in any view

I have home videos, images, movies, and TV shows that are all tagged "kids" and the kids view will show all of them, but only the objects tagged "kids". Just keyword everything and make sure your "rules for display" don't exclude anything that you want to see (I.e. Media sub type = movies, shows, etc)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Note that some series-specific behaviour will unfortunately not work reliably if you mix series and movies in one view. If that will hit you in your setup is hard to answer off the bat, I would say simply try!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up