INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technical problem with MC 20  (Read 1493 times)

The Grudge

• Recent member
Technical problem with MC 20
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:10:44 pm »

Likely I will need one of the developers to help me with this problem. I had installed and used MC 20 no problem with a purchased license for about a week. I have no idea why this happened, but when I went to launch MC I must somehow have clicked on the install program link (how this is possible I don't know as I used my taskbar icon for the program as I always do). Anyway, when I noticed it said it was going to install MC I foolishly interupted the process as I didn't want to lose all the file analysis I had done.

As a result of interrupting the installation my floppy drive clicks every second (and green light blinks on and off) when MC is running. I already unistalled MC, downloaded it again and reinstalled, but obviously there was a broken process left working likely in the registry somewhere. So, how do I completely remove the program and any reference to it in my registry? I will need to do this I'm sure and reinstall again. I hope my license doesn't get screwed up in the process. Thanks for any suggestions. I could just unlplug the floppy drive, but that still means a useless process is running away forever. Thanks.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Technical problem with MC 20
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:39 am »

Actually you may just be seeing a new bug, two folks in this thread also reported that their floppy drives are seeking constantly on the latest build as well: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95020.0

The devs will likely sort it out soon.

The Grudge

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 03:11:39 pm »

Thank you very much. The thread is locked for some reason? There was a poster asking how to fix the problem and all they were told was just wait. Not very useful help. I would have posted and told him to do what I do now. I use device manager and disable the floppy drive when I am using MC. Before I log out I enable it so that start up isn't an issue. It is an ugly fix, but it is effective and fairly easy and quick.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »

Thank you very much. The thread is locked for some reason? There was a poster asking how to fix the problem and all they were told was just wait. Not very useful help. I would have posted and told him to do what I do now. I use device manager and disable the floppy drive when I am using MC. Before I log out I enable it so that start up isn't an issue. It is an ugly fix, but it is effective and fairly easy and quick.

They were told it was fixed in the next build, which is now available at the top of the board.  The thread I linked is locked because the new build with the fix is currently available:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95111.0

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »

The new version with the fix is available already, no need for workarounds anymore. Once a new version is released, the build threads of the old version are always locked.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

The Grudge

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 04:18:57 pm »

My bad, just did the download will test to see if it solves my issue. Cheers, and thank you.

The Grudge

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

Installed new build issue seems to be resolved. Again, thank you for the input, and thank you JRiver devs for responding to user issues so promptly. Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up