INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade  (Read 3031 times)

tfl007

upgrade
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:21 am »

i purchased MC20 last week supposedly at a discount.(WAS CHARGED FULL PRICE).  I received MC19,will i be entitled to an upgrade for MC20.  thank You!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:40:56 am »

Yes the MC20 license works on MC19 if you purchased MC after July 1st.

Did you purchase an upgrade or was this your first MC purchase?

riboge

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

i got an email from you(J River) today saying: "This is your last chance for the best price of the year -- $18.98 for upgrades and $39.98 for new purchases."

So it appears you are wrong or retracting the offer.  Which?

Also I attempted to take you up on new purchase from an extended period trial version of .146 verson and keep getting an error about its not being a registered class.  How do I get the license at $39.98 for versions 19-20?

NRBQLou

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »

Thanks for posting this - I have the same question about the disappearing discount offer for new purchases - hopefully there will be a reply soon!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 02:18:33 pm »

How did you make the purchase?  From within the current MC19 version, or via some other means?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

NRBQLou

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:16:42 pm »

Not sure about riboje, but I didn't yet make the purchase, since there was no indication prior to purchase that I could get the "sale" price. Are you suggesting that if I proceeded with the purchase I would somehow get the discount?  If so, exactly where in the process would that occur?  Thanks for the response!

riboge

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 05:12:48 pm »

I said how: as instructed from within version .146 which IS the current stable version, btw.

tfl007

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 05:32:14 pm »

this was my first MC pc version   i have purchased mac version in the past 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 05:52:14 pm »

Are you suggesting that if I proceeded with the purchase I would somehow get the discount?

No.  I'm not sure how it works, honestly, as I have licensed MC19 installed, so I can't easily check.  If your current version of MC19 is 19.0.146, then try upgrading it to the current build and try again, though I wouldn't proceed if the checkout price shows the wrong amount.  I don't know if the discount is tied to starting the process from more recent versions (build 146 is from way before this all was announced), but I'm guessing that it might be so.

Otherwise, you'll need to wait for someone who works for JRiver to respond.  I do not.

this was my first MC pc version   i have purchased mac version in the past  

The Mac and Windows versions are licensed separately, so that would count as a full version.  That should be the $39.98 price, then.

I said how: as instructed from within version .146 which IS the current stable version, btw.

I don't know what that error is, precisely.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the web view.  But I thought that installing the latest build would stand a good chance of fixing the issue.  If you are having trouble, of any kind, the first step is always to try the current build, which is always stickied to the top of this board.  It isn't worth investigating or even discussing issues that have already been fixed.  And, frankly, just reinstalling MC might fix it.  That sounds like a DLL registration issue (like JRWeb.dll isn't working properly).

Alternatives are likely to be security software mucking up the IE engine on your PC, or blocking MC's attempts to use an embedded web view.  You could also try disabling any security software, or temporarily uninstalling it altogether (disabling doesn't always disable these products, unfortunately).

There are a few issues with the current build in certain cases, which is why a newer one hasn't been moved to the regular download page.  You can always re-downgrade later, though.  It is worth trying, and if you're affected by one of the current format switching issues, then just reinstall 146 overtop afterwards.

Also, to answer another implied question in this thread, MC20 has not been released yet.  Any licenses purchased since July 1 are MC20 and MC19 licenses.  You can use the license with MC19 now, and once the first builds of MC20 are released in a few weeks, you can try them out.  Bear in mind that early versions of MC20 are not likely to be as stable as MC19 (though we'll see, it depends what changes are made).  These details are covered in JimH's posts stickied to the top of this board:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90654.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90664.0

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 07:36:53 pm »

Jim just confirmed for me that 146 does indeed get the current special price.  The price is set by their web servers, not by the version of the application used to initiate the purchase, as is sensible.  So, my guess was wrong.

I still think either installing the new build, or reinstalling 146, is the best course for the issue with the class not registered error.  That, or disabling/uninstalling any over-active security software I mentioned earlier.  It sounds like something went wrong in your install with JRWeb.dll, or after install something external has been interfering with it.

If you were trying to make the purchase from somewhere other than within an installed copy of MC, don't do that.  Install it first.  That should work now, and show the correct price, I believe.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 07:42:46 pm »

Not sure about riboje, but I didn't yet make the purchase, since there was no indication prior to purchase that I could get the "sale" price.

I think that it should show the right price now.  Try again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »

i purchased MC20 last week supposedly at a discount.(WAS CHARGED FULL PRICE).  I received MC19,will i be entitled to an upgrade for MC20.  thank You!

I can't help you directly, as I don't work for them.  But still, can you provide more detail?  As I posted above, MC20 isn't out yet, but your license will work for it when the first builds are released in a few weeks.

As far as the discount, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, so could you explain again (in case I misunderstand)?  Also, verify what was actually charged, and when and how you made the purchase.  Thanks.

If something went wrong, and you purchased MC19/20 during the special period, and we're charged the full $49.98 price, I'm sure someone from JRiver will make it right.  But I'm not sure exactly what happened is clear right now.

riboge

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:07:31 pm »

That's nice but maddening, too, that you think it all should work just fine but I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled .146 and .161 over and over and still get the same error.  Perhaps there is interference or that JRWeb.dll didn't install properly, but that doesn't say how to determine or fix this. If you have a way of contacting Jim, which all SHOULD have, then please ask him how I get to a licensed version that will accept MC 20 subsequently, given what is happening to me.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »

He's away right now.  He replied to another thread on the Beta board, is all.  I'm sure he'll see this thread, as will the others at JRiver.

What about security software?  I think this is the next most likely culprit.  It could be preventing MC from launching your default web browser.  Can you launch the default browser from within other applications on the system (such as when you click on a link in a Word document)?

Also, the talk about "getting MC20" is confusing.  I believe from your posts that you can't actually succeed in making the purchase now.  Is this not correct?  Can you explain step by step exactly what is happening, with the exact error message (maybe a screenshot)?

riboge

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 09:27:02 am »

My default browser does get evoked from other programs and links.  The problem persists with anti-virus disabled.

The current offer as I understand it is to buy at a discount a license for 19 that will also work for 20 when it appears.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

The current offer as I understand it is to buy at a discount a license for 19 that will also work for 20 when it appears.

That is correct.

I don't know what could be causing this issue.  What AV application are you using?  Anything else special on the system with your internet access, like a Proxy or anything configured?

macrog

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 12:07:24 am »

I already own JRiver 19 and just purchased the upgrade but was charged the full $49.98 rather than the upgrade price.

I would be happy for the balance to pay for an upgrade license for my Mac to OSX JRiver 20 if possible (I already own JRiver 19 for the Mac).  I expected my email address would be recognised.

Regards

Andrew Watson :'(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 06:13:53 am »

We'll check on this Monday.

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile