INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Problems since migration fom MC17 to MC20  (Read 1011 times)

PhDSM

• World Citizen
New Problems since migration fom MC17 to MC20
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:27:58 am »

Hello,

I use MC over 2 computers, with Mediafiles and Library on a server connected on my TV set and HiFi and another on my "work" Computer to also listen to music from my home office.
I've using this config for many years and since MC20 migration I got 2 difficulties :
1- loading the database from the libraryServer needs between 2 and 5 retries each time I start MC20 on the remote computer
2- when playing music there regular  short "clash" in the sound (1 or 2 per minute like if the file was corrupted).

I still keep MC17 and MC20 both installed. when I swith back the server and the remote on MC17 everything is ok.
Computers are connected on home network, wired with GigaEthernet.
Server is on Windows7, Remote on Windows 8.1

Any ideas on what is the problem ?
Regards

Philippe

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Problems since migration fom MC17 to MC20
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:54:33 am »

Can't say for sure, but I always recommend you upgrade in order ... not to jump three versions that is. There are some major changes between 18 and 19 right from the start if I remember correctly.

If you did jump directly from 17, I would download the very last versions of 18 and 19 from the top of their boards. Remove version 20, then install 18, then 19, then twenty again. I always make a final backup of the library before each version upgrade, but this might be overkill. You version 20 license allows you to install the older versions. Let the program do its dance right from 17 (still installed on your PC?)

Now that might not be it, but the options are no longer centralized (every audio zone has its own config starting with 19), audio analysis totally changed which adds new fields to the database etc. ... and it doesn't take long to do. Oh, btw I wouldn't remove the older versions, until you have 20 up and running and if they are all set to boot on startup (including the media server) turn that option off and make sure old shortcuts are not on you desktop so you are not loading one of the older versions by mistake.

After the new version runs ok, then you can get rid of the older versions if you want.

Hope this sorts you out :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:18 am »

You should be able to update from a few versions back.

An MC20 license will work with the latest build of MC19, but not older builds or versions.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:05:52 am »

An MC20 license will work with the latest build of MC19, but not older.

oops, my bad :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up