INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art file problem  (Read 842 times)

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
Cover art file problem
« on: November 21, 2014, 05:48:17 am »

I have got into a stupid cover art problem I seem unable to solve. I hope the experts have a suggestion or two.

I run MC20 separately on two win7 Home pcs. I decided a couple of years ago to store all cover art in a skydrive folder with no embedded art. It has been completely fine. MS changed skydrive to Onedrive earlier this year. No problems at all; it was a seamless change. I don't know how it is done (I guess some form of redirection) but MC still points to skydrive but it finds the image in Onedrive.

I had to recreate Onedrive on one machine recently and now MC doesn't find the image - I guess the redirect has been removed on that machine.

I don't actually know if the image file location is a tag written into every file. If it is how do I do a global change (find/replace doesn't access this field). If it isn't a tag how do I force all files to look now at Onedrive

Thanks in advance
John

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
Re: Cover art file problem
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:14:04 am »

Anyone?

I didn't make clear that I had obviously tried using Quick find in .... Directory but it doesn't find anything in the default directory though there are the images there.

What is strange is that the image file at the track level now points to onedrive correctly as that is the correct path but it has added an additional level. Thus
default is               \onedrive\cover art\albums\
image file pointer     \onedrive\cover art\albums\albums\

No idea when or how this happened but I guess there has been some background processing or maybe when I tried quick find.

So how do I correct the image file pointer if Quick Find doesn't work. Any suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up