INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: images that show when playin music in theater view  (Read 887 times)

tock13

images that show when playin music in theater view
« on: November 29, 2014, 08:33:42 pm »

Hi, I am using JRiver 19. Is there a way to put restrictions on the images that display when playing music in theater view? I noticed that often times they are nothing related to the band playing. I was listening to the band "Magnum" and I got a lot of pictures of guns and cars displayed and only a couple of the actual band. When I listened to the band "naked Eyes" most of the images loaded were showing women and makeup and also every other picture was an image of naked men and women. Not what I want to display on the family media PC in the living room.

Is there any way to stop the XXX images from being displayed by JRiver? I don't even see where you can turn off or adjust that feature.

thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: images that show when playin music in theater view
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »

I turned off the background a while ago. I think it is Options - Theater View - Appearance -Theme. If not, there is an option in that area that turns it off. I gave up when I tried to listen to Grace Kelly, a young jazz musician, and all I got was Grace Kelly the actress. The background images is a cool idea, but I find that it is too random to be useful for me.

tock13

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:04:38 pm »

Thank you I will look for that option. I think it is a really cool feature and love it when it works but I guess zeroing in on a band that uses a common name or one with many meanings is a pretty tall task to accomplish.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 08:38:39 am »

You can add to the search replacement list for bands with common names. 

We'll also happily take suggestions for the defaults.  Just post them here.

It's in Default Resources\ArtistSearch.txt.  Put the new copy in Custom Resources so it won't get overwritten on upgrade.

It's like this:
Adele
Adele singer
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up