INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touch screen scrolling in MC20  (Read 4046 times)

RReid

• Recent member
Touch screen scrolling in MC20
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:06:19 pm »

I'm planning to upgrade from MC19 to MC20 anyhow (because I want the "always play together" option) - but would love to have my system scroll in Win8 style. The scroll bar on the MC19 skin I use is inconveniently small even with a 22" touch screen monitor. Is there a Win8 scroll setting somewhere, or is there a fix planned for a future MC?
-BR

RReid

• Recent member
Re: Touch screen scrolling in MC20
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:06:49 pm »

Theater view may have better touch screen controls but I like to use classic view. Are there settings to improve touch screen response in classic view in MC 19 or 20?

RReid

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »

OK. I get it. Touch screen scrolling in Classic view is not coming soon for MC20. Too bad 'cause I like the control and info. I get with Classic View. Tried all the Theater View skins but no go.

Guess I'll have to modify the PixOS skin to make the scrollbars and volume control larger - surely I'm not the only one with this problem!
-BR

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

Perhaps a better question is: what control and info is missing in theater view that you need touch control for?

RReid

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »

Thanks for the response. I use a large touch screen monitor that shows a lot of information. In the PixOS skin in Classic View I can see almost all of my 50 genres of music at once, with album information right behind, and the tag and other information is also easily available. With the "expanding scrollbar" option I CAN get scrolling to happen, but it's clumsy compared to swiping screens. The tag section scrollbar and especially the volume slider do not expand, and those are somewhat difficult to use.

In Theater View, on the other hand, my album icons are either too far away from the genre names, or else the album icons do not swipe/scroll left and right when there are a lot of them. After a genre is selected, the artist name (I presume I could also sort by album) is again too far away from the album icons. When selected, album information is unnecessarily large. Theater View seems to be optimized for touchpad rather than touch monitor.

Do you know of a Classic View skin with a bigger volume slider? Thanks, -BR

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:29 pm »

Ah, I see what you are trying to do. However I think your going to be kind of pioneer in using standard view touch screen.

What you can do, is learn to edit the skin. Doing so you can tweak a lot of things. I'm not sure about every thing you want, but for sure some are doable.

There is some info on skinning here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Standard_View_Skinning_Tutorial

csimon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:16:41 am »

Theater View seems to be optimized for touchpad rather than touch monitor.

Theater View is optimised for keyboard & mouse and/or a handheld remote control. Any touch functionality is accidental as it was designed long before touch monitors and tablets and phones were common and was intended to be a 10' interface.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 02:00:31 pm »

Old thread but I just figured out a simple hack to enlarge vertical scrollbars for my tablet.  Simply open Scrollbar_VerticalBackground.png under the skin of your choice with GIMP or other editing tool - then scale it to 4x 5x the original width.  Save and reselect your skin and bam - fat finger friendly scrollbar.  I have only tested with two skins so far - Noire and my own but worked fine in both.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »

MC20 added an option to widen scroll bars on Mouse Over.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90659.msg667398#msg667398

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 02:44:22 pm »

There is no mouse over on a touchscreen-tablet.  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 02:49:42 pm »

It also works if you touch it in Standard View.

There is a Theater View touch screen skin.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:09 pm »

It also works if you touch it in Standard View.

There is a Theater View touch screen skin.

Yes but I am using the tablet in my car and want a minimalist interface with fewest # of "touches" and distraction and the Obsidian Touch Screen doesn't meet that criteria.  I've come pretty close with a modified Noire skin though.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up