INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output HDMI Video  (Read 1698 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Output HDMI Video
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:15:34 am »

Can use some advice.  I do not believe my problem here is MC related, but I've been looking everywhere and do not get allot of cooperation from Microsoft.

Problem is a loss of video from the HDMI port (output) to a flat screen).  I am using a HTPC running windows 8.1 and MC v20.  When this first occurred, I thought for sure it was motherboard related (the HDMI port is on the motherboard).  Intel sent me a replacement.  It did not solve the problem.  A change of HDMI cable did not fix this.  I am able to remote to this PC and everything appears to be running fine (there IS video on a remote connection :).

I attempted to refresh the OS.  Microsoft reported it was missing files, and I was forced to reload the OS from scratch.  That fixed the problem.  After re-installing all my applications, including MC, I was fine for 2-3 weeks when I lost video again with all the exact same symptoms.  

I don't think this is MC related, except I lost video both times when either playing with MC settings or while starting to play an HD movie through MC.  The video went out exactly the same time I clicked on something (I do not remember what the exact click was) I believe it was changing some setting in the video section of MC, the other I believe it was the play icon.

Microsoft believes something is corrupting one of there files, but that is all I can get out them.  Any thoughts or advice?  Always appreciated.

Regards,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Output HDMI Video
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 11:17:53 am »

You might try an Internet search for similar problems.  HDMI can be fussy.  There is another recent thread here on HDMI problems.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »

What motherboard and CPU do you use?

Are you using a built in video (GPU) or do you have a discrete video card. If so, what make/model?

What make/model flat screen do you have?

Are your video drivers the most current? Also, are you getting your video drivers from Intel (or maker of video card), or by Windows update process? Windows update is not the recommended method.

Also, in the video settings be carful that you don't select a resolution that your monitor can't display. What settings in the video card did you use (i.e. 1080). is it possible your trying to view resolution (per setup in MC) program on a monitor that can't support it?

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:35 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

The MB is Intel DH77EB
CPU is Intel i3 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Using on board graphics Intel hd4000
TV is a SAMSUNG 46" LED  at least 6 years old not sure of modal
Drivers are most current and obtained from Intel
The TV is set 1080P and it is likely I've been mucking with the setting in MC.   Resolution PC is set to 1280x1084 I believe native.
MC video settings all set to desktop settings.
Red October is now set to standard but I have successfully used extreme.

Thanks help?

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 06:20:08 pm »

There are some problems with that data. 6 years ago, LED sets (LCDs illuminated by LEDs) were very rare. There were LED DLP sets, but they were of the last generation, and would have been 1080p.
In fact the native resolution sounds kind of iffy, since that 1280x1024 resolution is 5:4, not 16:9, which would be 1280x720. There was a generation of weird native resolution plasma sets about 7 years ago, including 1024x1024, which then did some funky scaling of the image to make a fullscreen 16:9 image. I doubt that was the case for your set though. It seems likely that you have the wrong resolution set for your TV.

I would remote to PC again from another, and try changing the desktop resolution to 1280x720 (720p). Then try your Samsung TV again and see what happens. You may need to break the remote connection for the local screen to work.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:20:17 am »

Your desktop PC resolution/setting of 1280x1024 is most likely the problem. This is a normal resolution for a (older) PC monitor but not good for a TV. Most likely your TV can not display this resolution.

Do you connect directly to the TV with HDMI? Or do you have a PC monitor connector too? If you are connecting directly to TV, your PC should identify the resolution(s) the TV is capable of supporting and allow you to select those in the video setup. Do you see/have the 1080x1920 resolution choice?

Set the JRiver "desktop" setting (in Theater View) to a normal TV resolution of 1080x1920 (or 1280x720) since that is what your TV supports.

Pages: [1]   Go Up