INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date problem  (Read 1602 times)

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
Date problem
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:53:25 am »

Am I wrong or the date problem mentioned on the thread below that now seems solved on Windows is still a problem on Mac?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80282.0

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Date problem
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:32:27 pm »

That's a really old thread.  What problems are you experiencing exactly?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:41:40 pm »

Hi Matt, thank you for your attention…but maybe I was wrong! ::)
The only real big problem, and that got me totally confused, is that while on Windows MC uses the european date format (dd/MM/yyyy), on Mac it uses the american one (MM/dd/yyyy).
And both my PC and my Mac systems are using the european date format by default…and that is reflected in every other applications I use on those computers.

Is there something I can do to solve this "little" problem?

I tried to write the LastPlayed tag on the audio files on the Mac and then updating the library from tag on Windows, it fixes my problem converting automatically from the american to the european date format…
Is that normal?

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:38:23 pm »

Hi Matt.
Actually things are a bit worse...
Using both MC Win and Mac for playing music from two identical libraries, I created two new fields (written on the audio files) called PlayedMacLast and PlayedWinLast in which I copy the LastPlayed tag of the relative library.
And so I discovered the things I already reported but also that MC Windows still swap the day and month of the date I copy (no matter what system locale I use) whenever the day is equal or below 12. That doesn't happen in the LastPlayed field at all: there the european date format (dd/MM/yyyy) is respected.

Tell me if I can do anything to help you solve this problem...if it can be solved at all...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:37:12 pm »

I think the latest build solves this.  Testing appreciated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 09:06:57 am »

It seems that the latest build does solve the problem.
In the meantime anyway I followed rudyrednose advice (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92484.0) and switched both Mac and Win to ISO date format.
I still suspect that user fields using date formatting don't behaves the way they are expected to, but I'll try and test them in the following days.

marcusturle

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 11:00:46 am »

I have downloaded the latest build but am still having issues.  Am waiting for JRiver to respond to my latest post on that other related thread.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 12:42:26 pm »

I have downloaded the latest build but am still having issues.  Am waiting for JRiver to respond to my latest post on that other related thread.
The other thread is unrelated.  It has to do with a licensing problem, whereas this one is with how dates are displayed within MC.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up