INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 as Player, connect to Twonky Server, see not all Songs  (Read 1964 times)

today

• Recent member
MC19 as Player, connect to Twonky Server, see not all Songs
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:02:01 pm »

I connect to Library from Twonky Server 7.2.8. After loading the library, I only see about  1600 Songs, should be about 70'000.
When i see on Windows 8, Explorer, TwonkyMedia, i see all the files.
Has someone an Idee?
Thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 as Player, connect to Twonky Server, see not all Songs
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:17:01 pm »

I connect to Library from Twonky Server 7.2.8. After loading the library, I only see about  1600 Songs, should be about 70'000.
When i see on Windows 8, Explorer, TwonkyMedia, i see all the files.
Has someone an Idee?
Thanks

MC uses the search function to load the library.
It's possible Twonky can't handle a search with 70k items in it's library.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »

It's possible Twonky can't handle a search with 70k items in it's library.

And even if it can, it would probably take an hour or so to load 70k tracks...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

stealth82

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:05:01 am »

I don't understand, why isn't simply navigating the media tree taken into consideration?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:14:47 am »

I don't understand, why isn't simply navigating the media tree taken into consideration?

UPnP ContentDirectory has two ways for Control Points to navigate the content -- namely the Browse() method and the Search() method.

Simple Control Points, which do not have memory for a local database, (like most media renderers), will use the Browse() method to navigate item by item up and down the branches of the server's content directory folder tree. This means that such CPs are constrained to only display the tree in whatever fixed folder structure has been hard wired into the server.

Sophisticated Control Points (like most software applications, including MC), which do have memory for a local database, will use the Search() method to download the whole content folder tree from the server. This means that they can then display the library dynamically to the user according to flexible views and layouts which are defined locally by the user in the Control Point software.

In other words, MC uses the Search() method to download all the library items from the Twonky server library. During this download process, MC will only display whatever subset of the library information that has been downloaded so far. Depending on the network speed and the processor speeds of the Twonky PC and the MC PC it might take many hours before MC has fully downloaded a library of 70k tracks. (e.g. my experience is that MC can download about 30k tracks per hour from Whitebear Media server, but Twonky may be faster or slower..)

Connect MC to the Twonky library server and let it run overnight; in MC select Audio (say) and its status bar displays the number of tracks loaded; that figure will increase during the load process...

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

stealth82

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:17 am »

Thank you very much for your fast and thorough reply. It's clearer now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up