INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes to definition of "album"?  (Read 819 times)

jherbert

• World Citizen
Changes to definition of "album"?
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:35:56 am »

The latest builds seems to have introduced changes to the definition of album that leads to confusing results.

- I use multiple entries in the artist field, seperated by ";"
- I use mixed file types in one single album (mp3/m4a)
- In view I use expand to full albums to have items from various locations merged

All this until now resulted in the display a single album, given the first artist in the list was the same.

Now MediaCenter shows an odd behaviour: In an album with 9 Tracks the tracks are grouped by file type, the mp3 group containing of 2 Tracks with artists "Machine Mass; Dave Liebman" and "Machine Mass" resulting in "Multiple Artists" for album artist auto. The other group consists of m4a files with artist "Machine Mass" resulting in "Machine Mass" for album artist auto.

In addition, MediaCenter merges albums that have no connection whatsoever except for the album title: I added an album named "Edge" by "Takuya Kuroda" which now shows up together with an album of the same name by Lenny White. I use expand to full albums, but jriver over the years has never ever shown this effect.

My library is pretty large, and I need a reliable tool to organize it. MediaCenter did a great job. What is going wrong?

klapaciuss

• Recent member
Re: Changes to definition of "album"?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 03:48:46 pm »

No reply? I have the same question. How to make custom definition of album as set of tracks with same album names regardless artist or file format?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Changes to definition of "album"?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 03:50:23 pm »

If the Album Artist and the Album tags are the same, the tracks will be considered an album.  File format doesn't matter.

You can't change that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up