INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I change parameters of remote commands? Or add new ones?  (Read 815 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

I'm setting up a new remote, and I have some issues. A lot of the MCC commands have parameters, and I can see them in the dialog box, but I can't change them! For example the Shutdown command has parameters 0 for shutdown, 1 for sleep, 2 for hibernate. Why can't I change it to 1 so that I can assign the power button on the remote to put the computer to sleep? Also, the jump forward and jump backward has parameters I'd like to change to program different buttons for different numbers of seconds to jump, they are also unchangeable.

I would also like a list of the commands with a good explanation of exactly what they do. The list of MCC commands don't explain anything, only list the possible variables in a way you have to be a programmer to understand. What is the difference between the play/pause and pause command for example? They do exactly the same when programmed into the remote. And what do all the different toggle/Theater view/Mode commands do? Even after playing around with them for hours I can't really figure out exactly what they're supposed to do, it seems some of them are even broken (not updated from old versions of MC or maybe my Theater view setup is not as the commands expect...)

Lastly, why isn't it possible to add more of the MCC commands? There are only a few of them in the drop down list, and I can't see a way to add more manually.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up