INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomerun Prime and Time Warner DRM Channels???  (Read 4906 times)

nadeaunm5

HDHomerun Prime and Time Warner DRM Channels???
« on: December 30, 2014, 01:17:20 pm »

I have set up my JRiver with the HD Homerun Prime with a cable cards with 3 tuners and the program sees the tuners fine.

JRivier can play all the non DRM channels just fine. But when i play a DRM channel i get a grey screen and nothing ever comes in. 90% percent of Time Warner's channels are DRM in my area.

Window Media Center 7 plays all channels just fine with no issues.

Am i doing something wrong here? Or does JRiver not play DRM protected channels via cable card and HD Homerun Prime?

Thanks for any help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: HDHomerun Prime and Time Warner DRM Channels???
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:23:26 pm »

DRM channels are not supported.  Sorry.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jkanoy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 05:34:50 pm »

DRM channels are not supported.  Sorry.

I know you and I had this conversation several months ago about not supporting DRM.  But now with the very likely possibility of Windows 10 not including windows media center, that really leaves a lot of users with little to no options for viewing copy protected content.  Is it possible for you to reevaluate your stance on providing DRM support?  I would willingly pay extra for that feature.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:09:32 am »

Unfortunately, its not something we can simply decide to support. The cable companies are not really willing to allow us or other small companies like us to support their DRM.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jwolfley

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 08:02:18 am »

i will appeal to the FCC ruling that forced cable companies to provide cablecards.

how are DRM channels an exception to the requirement that their service be  provided on user supplied equipment(& software)? if they exclusively provide access to (its two rite?) windows and tivo, thats arbitrary and monopolistic.

seems they are in violation of the law. any lawyers out there? can i get a link to fcc ruling, were does it say if it works only on windows thats good enuff?
Pages: [1]   Go Up