INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isn't it possible to change the way Gizmo treats single tracks?  (Read 1296 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Isn't it possible to change the way Gizmo treats single tracks?
« on: January 01, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »

Happy new year!  ;D (Just to take the edge of this...I believe that's called "passive agressive behaviour".) I use Gizmo several times every day, and I have been a bit annoyed by one thing which I think has been there since the start: When I drill down to a single track in an album, press and hold to get the menu up and choose "Play" (to replace what's in Playing Now for that zone at the moment), it will put the full album in Playing now, with playback starting at the track I've selected. I can't really see one good reason that this should happen. When I want to play a full album I'd press and hold the full album. Isn't it posible to change this behaviour, so it only plays the one track? I can do it with a rather silly workaround, though: First find the track I want, then going back to the front page, going to search, search for the track and press and hold. Even if there are other tracks in that search, only the selected track will get into Playing now. Could you please make this work like this in the library as well?

Also I would like to have it optional to jump to playing now when clicking Play on a track, often I want to select several tracks from one artist or album, but not all of them. But the most important wish is the first one.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Isn't it possible to change the way Gizmo treats single tracks?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 03:45:02 am »

Man, this is like trying to talk to my wife when I've bought another set of Wharfedale-speakers from the early 80's: The silent treatment!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:51:47 am »

Can you not just choose "play"?  Or "add to Playing Now"?

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:17:28 pm »

Hi, Jim! It's the Play thing that's the problem. If I choose play on an album track it will stuff the full album in Playing now, tracks both before and after, and start playing the track I selected. I would like only the selected track to be sent to Playing now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up