INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resetting Remote Control Keys  (Read 1131 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Resetting Remote Control Keys
« on: December 30, 2014, 10:14:12 am »

Hi

I tried to "teach" my remote some new keys but with little success, when I started the "Learn" it seemed to start resting every key and I seem to have confused everything . I need to restore the defaults.

My MC is set up to start in Theatre mode , when I try to exit and go back to standard view , it immediately flips back to Theatre View , I cannot seem to get to standard view at all. I can close MC but as soon as I restart it it goes to Theatre View and I am stuck again.

Is there a way to start up in "safe mode" or in this case standard view. I need to get to the options to reset the remote keys to defaults but at the moment I can't get there.

Is there any point uninstalling and reinstalling or are the details stored somewhere I cannot clear (Registry , config file etc).

Any Thoughts

Mike

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Resetting Remote Control Keys
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »

How are you going to standard view?  I typically use a keyboard and hit Cntrl-1.

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 03:06:15 am »

Hi

It wasn't as simple as that , I was in some sort of loop as soon as I touched the mouse or the keyboard it flipped back to Theatre View , I couldn't get to Std View to alter the options.

Eventually after uninstalling completely and reinstalling I still could not (how can this be ??)

Finally I unplugged the remote sensor (USB) and that allowed me in , I then reset the Defaults for the remote control

I still cannot "teach" the remote new tricks.

I am still stuck with the Green Button doing nothing and the "I" button doing nothing , previously they toggled Theatre View and Now Playing respectively

Anyone got any ideas. At least the remote is behaving normally , if incompletely.

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 04:41:26 am »

That sounds like you have a stuck key somewhere.

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:25 am »

I checked that , all look OK

I was trying to "teach" the remote some commands , but it seemed to have a life of its own , and reset keys almost automatically. The only way out was to reset to default , but then I lost some functions.

My problem was that I couldn't get back into std view to reset to default , every time I tried it flipped to theatre view again. Finally I unplugged the remote and the USB keyboard and used the laptop keyboard to get out of it.

What I was doing was trying to resurrect the commands for the "Green Button". When I was having issues with Theatre View , I must have changed the command of the Green button key , it used to toggle Theatre View and Std View , now it does nothing.

Similarly the "I" button went to Playing Now.

I have reset the commands to defaults with the button on the Learn Screen BUT ...

I am back to normal now but the Green button still does nothing ( btw I have the "disable green button" checkbox unchecked)

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up