INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver sound only through zone = PC speakers  (Read 1186 times)

dlwilladsen

• Recent member
WDM Driver sound only through zone = PC speakers
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:19:33 pm »

Just got MC20, updated to .54.  I have 3 zones:  PC speakers, Squeezebox, and Schiit (USB) DAC.  I'm trying to play Spotify through WDM driver on Win7 PC.  Playback devices shows WDM driver is getting output from Spotify and, indeed, when my zone is set to PC Speakers ipc is playing and sound is evident.  Switching to Squeezebox or Schiit DAC, however, provides NO sound.  I've tried quitting Spotify before attempting to play through a new zone.  Schiit DAC and Squeezebox work for non-WDM source, eg, my audio FLACs in MC20.  Why no sound from some zones?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WDM Driver sound only through zone = PC speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:23:21 pm »

If you don't use WDM, does the USB DAC work?  In other words, make sure it works first, then try adding WDM.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:30:47 am »

WDM currently can't be broadcast to DLNA or other remote zones, so that explains why the squeezebox isn't working, but that doesn't explain the USB DAC.  

Do you have any zoneswitch rules setup that might be routing the IPC to one zone or another?  Have you tried different buffer settings on the Schitt?

dlwilladsen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »

DAC works now (through WDM).  Must have been something I did wrong.  DLNA response from mwillems explains Squeezebox.  I guess I'm good for now.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up