INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Trailers (previews) for Movies in a Library?  (Read 6235 times)

nadeaunm5

Movie Trailers (previews) for Movies in a Library?
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:07:56 pm »

Does anyone know a way to include a movie preview or trailer for a movie when you select it in theater mode? (I did try searching but couldn't find anything that was quite what i wanted)

I use this feature a lot with Plex and its fantastic.

If I want to watch a movie with my wife that she’s not familiar with. We can just click the trailer icon for the movie when we are on the movie information screen.

This feature and the intro music from a tv series would be great additions to MC and probably cause me to use it all around my house instead of just my Theater room.

Thanks

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie Trailers (previews) for Movies in a Library ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:13:10 pm »

I know that this is not helpful, and I don't believe that such a feature exists, but wow; that is the exact opposite of what I would want.
A huge part of the enjoyment in movies for me is not knowing what you're going to get.
Especially with how spoiler-filled trailers are these days, playing the trailer for a movie I'm about to watch would absolutely ruin the experience.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 04:57:03 pm »

I'm in favour of this feature as well. I think there's been a few requests for it over the years.

nadeaunm5

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 05:14:26 pm »

Yeah it would be great.

I believe Plex pulls these through Youtube based off the Metadata for the Movie.

I believe in JRiver you can add a section for Trailers but i think they are for new movies. Not an embedded Trailer for the selected movie inside of a library.

nihilobstat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 10:30:07 pm »

I've recently started downloading trailers for the movies I already have.
My fetcher calls them "trailer.ext" and puts them in the same directory as the movie (although that can be changed).
I've set up MC to show a new heading 'Trailers' under the 'Video' roller, and I manually change the Media Sub Type of the trailers to ... 'Trailer'.

Questions:
1) The trailers all have the name 'trailer' - is there an easy way to change that, perhaps using the directory name, which is Movie (Year)?

2) And is there a way to automatically change the Media Sub Type (it defaults to Movie, as the Movie archive is set to do that)?

Thanks y'all, Peter

nihilobstat

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 11:56:14 pm »

OK (ahem) I've managed to answer my own questions ...  ;D

1) Got the fetcher (Media Center Master) to call them Movie (Year)_trailer.ext, which is a good enough name - the underscore doesn't show up in theater view.

2) Got the fetcher to put them in a separate 'Trailer' directory, then got MC to import from there, tagging the files as Media Sub Type: Trailer.

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 04:54:50 am »

+1
I wish for this as well. Adding an trailer item in theater view and linking it to a source like youtube would be great. I often wonder what kind of a movie it really is, before I spend a couple of hours on it.

The best thing you could do now is to add a program or plugin that downloads all new trailers to your computer, adds them to theater view and you're able to watch this as you want. The system will rotate with new trailers on a scheduled basis. This would probably be a separate view only for trailers though. There should be a guide for this on the forum.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 11:17:16 am »

I think you could solve this (at least until a permanent fix is made) by setting up your Movies the same as if it were a Box Set or a Series. Like I described in this thread ... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96218.0

You set up your Theater View Movies view as if you were doing a Box Set or Series setup, so you name the Series, for example, "Iron Man", and you would have a Movie named "Iron Man" and a movie trailer named "Iron Man trailer" (or whatever you want to name it), then when you go to your Movie view and click on "Iron Man" it would open to a new view showing the movie and the trailer. You may have to add media sub type = "Trailer" to the Rules for File Display for the view "Movies".

Of course this method means you need to download the Trailer and save it on your computer. I used to do this but lost interest in seeing/having trailers after a while. You can download trailers from here http://www.hd-trailers.net/

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 11:26:05 am »

Tmdb, which MC uses to scrape info, also provides youtube links to official trailers. It'd be nice if there was a way to use these with theatre view..
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/157336-interstellar/videos

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 03:14:16 pm »

Tmdb, which MC uses to scrape info, also provides youtube links to official trailers. It'd be nice if there was a way to use these with theatre view..

Agreed.   Kodi does something similar.   It should very easy to add to JRiver.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 09:58:56 pm »

This seems like it would be possible and would be a nice feature.

I use a Link to look them up quickly from Standard View, but it would be nice to be able to just pick a piece of metadata in the file listing of Theater View and have it launch the trailer.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 07:12:56 pm »

+1

MrHaugen

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 05:51:57 am »

+10 :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 06:39:04 am »

Yes, I'd use that feature.
+100
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 08:48:24 am »

+1, not always but if guests are here to choose between 2 or 3 movies would be nice.

dmillionz

• Recent member
Re: Movie Trailers (previews) for Movies in a Library?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 01:12:54 am »

I can't believe the trailer feature hasn't been implemented into Theater View after all this time. Most people want to see what a movie is about instead of just reading about it. Even being able to have a certain amount of pre-roll trailers and custom videos before a movie starts would make MC almost perfect. Trailers are the only thing I miss about Plex since I use Theater View exclusively.
AVR: Denon AVR-X7200WA | 4K: Oppo UDP-203 | Media: Ryzen 1800X 32GB DDR4 HCPC, Synology DS3615xs 172TB | Gaming: PS4 Pro/PSVR 10TB, PS3 | Speakers: Polk LSiM: 1x706c, 2x707, 4x900LS, 4x702F/X | Subs: 2xSVS PB4000, 2xSVS PC12+, 5xButtkicker BK-LFE | Vid: Sony VPL-VW885ES | Amp: Emotiva XPA7 Gen 3, Parasound 2125, 2xQSC GX3 | Power: 3xFurman Elite 20 PFi | UPS: APC SMT3000, 2xSMT2200 | Screen/Misc: 138" 2.35:1 Stewart CIMA Neve, Harmony Elite

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Movie Trailers (previews) for Movies in a Library?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 09:06:53 am »

We will try to add trailers soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up