INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just upgraded to MC20 from MC19...  (Read 1053 times)

maintainin

• Recent member
Just upgraded to MC20 from MC19...
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:31:57 pm »

In the few minute I've been messing with it everything seems to have carried over. I see that there's still an MC19 program installed. Does that need to stay or can that be deleted?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Just upgraded to MC20 from MC19...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:08 pm »

It's up to you. They can both be installed with no problems, so hang on to it for awhile just to make sure...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:13 pm »

It's up to you. They can both be installed with no problems, so hang on to it for awhile just to make sure...

My method is to leave the old version of MC installed and untouched until one day I'm on my computer and I look and notice the old one and I think "Wow! That's still installed?"

That's how I know it is time.

Really, it doesn't matter, and MC20 is certainly mature enough to move to full time. But, definitely give it a bit of time to "settle out" and make sure you aren't missing anything from MC19 and that all the stuff you use still works right and whatnot.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

maintainin

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:05:44 am »

I only use MC for movies and moving to 20 solved my recent problem of 19 not playing mkv rips that have atmos soundtrack not playing. I posted in the MC19 forum about this and a member suggested updating lav filters or upgrading to 20. I chose to pay the $27 and upgrade. It solved the problem. Don't mind throwing $$$ your alls way. Hell of a product.

I don't mind leaving Mc19 installed. Just worried about losing any settings in the upgrade to 20.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 06:51:41 am »

If you back up your library in MC19, you can restore it on MC20.  It gives you the option to also restore settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up