INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change zip code for Digital Terrestial Lineup  (Read 2173 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
How to change zip code for Digital Terrestial Lineup
« on: March 18, 2015, 05:18:42 pm »

When I first configured my tuner (digital ATSC, USA), I specified a zip code and Digital Terrestrial Lineup to get program guide information for OTA channels.

I now think that I will get better results using the major zip code of the location of the broadcast antennas, but I cannot find any way to change the profile, and the delete button is always greyed out for the first profile - even if you added others.

How do I change the zip code ?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to change zip code for Digital Terrestial Lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 05:38:19 pm »

I think you have to set up the EPG again.

kstuart

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 05:50:56 pm »

But even with a different tuner card of a different brand, and clicking "clear program guide", the profile is still there and still has the same zip code.

UPDATE:  I discovered that if did Setup again, and checked all checkboxes to clear everything, then I could enter a new zip code.

kstuart

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 06:26:26 pm »

Meaning the entire Television setup.

It still does not clear the downloaded Program Guide info, nor does it clear the previously setup "timers" (what JRiver calls "Recording Rules").  There should be buttons (in Advanced) to clear those as well.

UPDATE:  A reboot cleared the "Recording Rules".  The downloaded Program Guide info should be cleared when the EPG next updates, so not a big deal.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 08:00:19 pm »

It's an oversight on my part.  There should be a way of globally setting zip code.  Short of that, you can just run Setup one more time, using whichever tuner type you choose.  After that, the zip code will be applied to all profiles.  You can edit each profile once to make sure, but you will not really see zip code coming up during editing.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up