INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D albums for selected zone only  (Read 954 times)

godt

• Recent member
3D albums for selected zone only
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:54:18 pm »

I want to set up a library or zone for mp3 and another for FLAC. Is it possible to have '3D albums' show the contents of only the FLAC zone? It seems to display every audio file. If I set up a second library of mp3 single tracks, each appears in the 'main library' 3D albums screen. If I set up playlists of those mp3 single tracks, each track appears in the 'main library' 3D screen.

What I want is a second library of mp3 singles which, when imported into MC do not display in the 3D albums screen. Is there no way to do this? I know a library is not a zone. I am trying to use either a library or a zone - or a playlist - to make this happen, and I cannot. Any suggestions as to how I might do this?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 3D albums for selected zone only
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:05:03 pm »

if you right click on the "audio" and "add library view", choose "3d albums"

now select the new view, and at the top of the new view you'll see 3D albums (1)....or whatever you chose to name the new view

right click the name, "customize view"

under "Included Files", click ....set rules for file display....

for the rules, select file type - is - mp3

now make another 3D view and do the same, but select file type - is - flac

these will only show mp3 or flac albums respectively.  if you already have playlists made, you can set a rule Playlists - is any - (playlist name here) and it will display only those playlist contents

you cannot attach a view to a zone specifically....if you want to browse both views simultaneously you can use a split window
Pages: [1]   Go Up