INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How MC IMPORTS or sees libraries on a WIFI system  (Read 1421 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
How MC IMPORTS or sees libraries on a WIFI system
« on: March 27, 2015, 02:54:30 pm »

I am trying to set up a new MC system which includes a WD MyCloud EX2 NAS.  I thought I had the system working properly but yesterday I added a new downloaded sample album from HDTracks and I am not seeing the system re-surveying that same file NAS -- where it should (?) discover the additional tracks and import them into the Main Library.  I have that drive labeled "z:\" and have it placed on the "Network" segment of my Windows "Computer" page.    And I have that z:\ labeled in MC as the file to watch.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How MC IMPORTS or sees libraries on a WIFI system
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:13:38 am »

Hi

Provided that you have setup the import to include the path of the NAS and Windows "sees" the path (disk spun up, drive awake etc.) it should import. However the trigger can take awhile (complicated to explain) especially if the disk is not being accessed.

In this case just run a manual "autoimport" from the menu (File=>Option=>Import), this will sort everything out immediately.

Hope this helps  :)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: How MC IMPORTS or sees libraries on a WIFI system
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »

"Provided that you have setup the import to include the path of the NAS and Windows "sees" the path (disk spun up, drive awake etc.)" .

Thank you for your response --  I will try the fix you recommended.  But for now, could you please explain what you meant by the above.  I am a non technical person, so perhaps you could tell me step-by-step what I need to check to make sure I have setup MC correctly (?).  

I have also noticed that I keep seeing the initial Windows Media Player page and icon open in the bottom tray of my computer screen -- without me asking for it. Don't know if this might be a clue (?).

THANKS AGAIN

Wayne Desbrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up