INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC sound  (Read 863 times)

Ayreman

• Recent member
MC sound
« on: March 28, 2015, 11:10:03 am »

Just started using MC and I don't like the sound at all. It sounds harsh, bright and loud (as compared to Foobar that I've been using for a couple of months now). Anyone is hearing the same? It could be that my settings are all wrong. Is there a thread on this forum where recommendations are given for the absolute best audiophile sound in a 2-channel rig? Thank you!

Otello

• World Citizen
Re: MC sound
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:02:22 pm »

Did you install the USB driver from  Ayre website? http://www.ayre.com/usb_driver.htm

Then in Options/Audio/Audio Device select the Tusb driver; in Audio/Device setting select "DSD bitstream in DoP format". If you want, you may activate Play from Memory, if it was not automatically, and that's all.

About the differences in sound between JR and Foobar, for me it's a mystery: many people claim to ear day-and-night differences; IMHO they play exactly the same. ;)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC sound
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:23 pm »

What is your audio path (you can check this while any song is playing...it shows any settings you may have in the way).  Find this under tools, or the little audio path button near the shuffle icon at top right of standard view
Pages: [1]   Go Up