Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

Id running, but: no Media Network option? Two IP Addresses? Can't connect to it

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ferdi:
Thanks, Bob.

I turned off my Norton Firewall - did not help.
Access Key is YLmBwd. Somehow I thought they'd be randomly generated, do you maintain them on a server?

bob:

--- Quote from: frefrefri on April 06, 2015, 08:17:58 pm ---Thanks, Bob.

I turned off my Norton Firewall - did not help.
Access Key is YLmBwd. Somehow I thought they'd be randomly generated, do you maintain them on a server?

--- End quote ---
They are randomly generated and saved on the server so you can retrieve the IP from anywhere even if it's dynamic (like dyndns).
If you can't get to it with the IP either and you matched that with the address from option 11 I think something must be going on with MC on the Id.
Can you boot it into gui mode and check?

Ferdi:
Hm, banned from the computers, got overseas visitors. Will be traveling myself then so can only check in a few weeks. Bare with me.
So if I can connect with JRemote, as I mentioned (maybe not clear enough) shouldn't the access code be ok?

bob:

--- Quote from: frefrefri on April 06, 2015, 11:19:15 pm ---Hm, banned from the computers, got overseas visitors. Will be traveling myself then so can only check in a few weeks. Bare with me.
So if I can connect with JRemote, as I mentioned (maybe not clear enough) shouldn't the access code be ok?

--- End quote ---
Sorry, I missed the JRemote comment.
Yes you should be able to connect with the MC PC's media client. On the client PC is MC's Media Network enabled? It has to be. If you aren't using the other services like the DLNA services you can turn them off separately.

If it is enabled, I can only assume you have one firewall or another blocking outgoing connects on TCP port 52199. You could try putting in a manual exception for that.

Ferdi:
hi Bob,

Since I returned, I swear I was able to load the Id's library from my desktop once: but not again.
Regardless, I just discovered that the library on my PC has the same access code as the library on my Id. Is that supposed to be that way?
If not, could the problem come from copying the library file from my PC (a back-up, to be precise) to the Id, and use it there as the local library (via restore)?

On my I devices, I am still happily using JRemote to access the library on Id.

Wrt your questions:
- Media Network is enabled on PC
- i had turned off the firewall for a short while, it did not make any difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version