INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secure WMA and Burning (from MusicMatch)  (Read 1398 times)

elpaolo

• World Citizen
Secure WMA and Burning (from MusicMatch)
« on: October 02, 2003, 02:49:07 pm »

Just as a disclaimer before my REAL questions: I was a onetime user of MusicMatch back in the day...bought the liftetime updates package...and now had tried using it for the new online music store they offer with Dell.  I'm devout MC though.  Have been for years.

Now, when I try to burn a disc on MC 9.0.165 with their secure WMA files, the whole bit crashes.  Think the files are confined to MusicMatch's software?  Or, do I need an update of something?  (though i allegedly have WMA 9.0 codecs)

(I certainly hope it's not exclusive, as my playlists are almost always in part OGG - a format they don't support)

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Secure WMA and Burning (from MusicMatch)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 02:58:55 pm »

Please try MC 9.1.  If the WMA files allow burning, it should work.

Or you could wait a few weeks....

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 03:15:26 pm »

Wooooo!!  The biggest hint yet of things to come!!

;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

PsychShack

• Recent member
  • Mmm, donuts!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 03:17:20 pm »

I also tried the MusicMatch store.  I was not all that happy with it....

First off, the site is fairly buggy and slow.

Second, the downloaded files cannot be retagged in MusicMatch.  I personally rip all my music with names such as "Bob Dylan" to "Dylan, Bob" and titles such as "The Faint" to "Faint, the."  This bugged me about the MusicMatch store, as I could not change the way they were listed in my library.

I have also tried BuyMusic.com, which I am happier with in the way that I can play the files with Media Center or WMP, rather than ONLY their player.  MusicMatch support informed me that MusicMatch's WMA files are ONLY playable/burnable with MusicMatch.

My whole view with the online music stores is that there needs to be ONE universal secure format playable and burnable with ALL software (Winamp, Media Center, QCD, WMP, iTunes, and whatever else...).
David Schachner

Get lost in the Psychotic Shack: http://psychshack.netfirms.com/

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 09:18:08 pm »

thanks Jim.  i did what you said.  had to rename the ftp://yaddayadda to http://... for it to work....but whatever. the burn worked.  sorta slow and memory hoggish...moreso than usual...but perfect nonetheless.  

wow, i haven't look at the new builds in some time.  quite a change.  i'm hoping for a basic skin, i guess...no skin version, actually...hint hint.

thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up