INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Group by folder  (Read 833 times)

JH

• Recent member
Feature Request: Group by folder
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:51:25 pm »

Currently MC allows files to be grouped by Album, Artist, Genre. Could folder name be added?

For example, when I rip a CD with Beethoven piano sonatas Nos. 1, 2, and 3, I put each sonata in its own folder--say, "Beethoven/Piano Sonatas/No 1", "Beethoven/Piano Sonatas/No 2", and "Beethoven/Piano Sonatas/No 3". When I import the entire CD (that is, all 3 folders), they would all be under the same Album, same Artist, same Genre. But I would like to separate them and play one sonata (folder) at a time. Some portable music players (FiiO, for example) do that (play by folder) and I find it very convenient.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Group by folder
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:35:56 pm »

You can group/sort by any field...
There's another drop-down list under Group By -- More (sort groups a-z).
Hope this helps.
--max

Currently MC allows files to be grouped by Album, Artist, Genre. Could folder name be added?

For example, when I rip a CD with Beethoven piano sonatas Nos. 1, 2, and 3, I put each sonata in its own folder--say, "Beethoven/Piano Sonatas/No 1", "Beethoven/Piano Sonatas/No 2", and "Beethoven/Piano Sonatas/No 3". When I import the entire CD (that is, all 3 folders), they would all be under the same Album, same Artist, same Genre. But I would like to separate them and play one sonata (folder) at a time. Some portable music players (FiiO, for example) do that (play by folder) and I find it very convenient.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Group by folder
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:37:30 pm »

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up