INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing multi-channel SACD from remote library ?  (Read 962 times)

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
Playing multi-channel SACD from remote library ?
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:37:25 am »

I am a registered user of MC19 and currently evaluating MC20 .

One problem I have that is still there in MC20 is that I can't play multi-channel SACD from a remote library.

My HTPC only has a very small drive, an SSD just big enough to boot the OS and not much else. All the music is stored on another machine on the LAN, which is a wired gigabit ethernet LAN.  Thus, there should be plenty of bandwidth available to stream multi-channel DSD audio. The HTPC has an 8 core CPU and is perfectly capable of playing DSD.

Unfortunately, when I select multi-channel tracks from SACD ISOs that are in the remote library, the client HTPC machine always transcodes them to stereo 44.1 kHz - as shown in the top display area.
If the SACD ISOs are in the local lbirary on the HTPC, they play just fine in full multi-channel, and at higher sampling rate .

Is there any setting on either the MC server or the MC client side to disable the stereo/44 kHz transcoding ? And which side is doing the transcoding ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing multi-channel SACD from remote library ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 07:50:54 am »

Welcome to the forum. 

In MC options on the server, you will find conversion settings under Media Network.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:14 am »

I am actually not a new forum user - I was here a couple years ago, but apparently my userid got deleted, maybe from inactivity, as I had only posted in one thread.

Can you please be more specific about what conversion option you mean ?
I am not seeing them within the Options/Media network menu.

Do you mean under the DLNA server options under "Add or configure DLNA servers" ?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:46:32 am »

I think he means the Audio Conversion settings under Media Network=>Client Options=> Audio Conversion as you mentioned the remote machine ... you can choose do not convert there

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:11:34 pm »

I think he means the Audio Conversion settings under Media Network=>Client Options=> Audio Conversion as you mentioned the remote machine ... you can choose do not convert there

Well, he said "In the MC options on the server" .

"Client options (when connected to a library server)" in the Media network menu presumably applies only to the client machine, not to the server machine.

Nevertheless, I will try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up