INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with 20.0.99 and Laptop Volume Controls  (Read 985 times)

ludwigl

• Recent member
  • Lost... But having a great time!
Issue with 20.0.99 and Laptop Volume Controls
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »

I've noticed a small problem with the last couple of releases of 20. I use an older Lenovo T510 4313-CTO laptop and while the volume control keys work fine after I reinstall the OSD (on screen display) driver and reboot, they stop controlling the volume after I run MC20. I can still use the volume setting slider in MC and in the notification bar and Control Panel fine. Once I reinstall the driver and reboot, all is fine until I run MC again. The "Mute", "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" keys are separate keys above the keyboard on this model. Anyone else seeing something like this?

I should add I'm running Win 7 Ultimate

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issue with 20.0.99 and Laptop Volume Controls
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:49 pm »

MC has several volume controls.  Try "internal" volume. 

ludwigl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 08:56:51 pm »

Tried that.
It would appear to be related to the Media Center 20 Service. When the service is running the problem exists with or without MC20 actually open. I used to run the service on start-up to allow JRemote and Gizmo access from my android phone but I have disabled that to get volume control back. BTW when in MC20 while the On Screen Display fails to show that the buttons are doing anything, the MC20 volume slider and Mute indicator show that they are controlling volume in MC but only sounds in MC20. 

I don't know if I'm making any sense or just muddying the waters.   

ludwigl

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 09:27:50 pm »

My terminology use might be wrong but the issue seems to be related to when I have Media Server running. If I allow it to start with windows I have a problem with the volume control. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up