INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second viewing zone - simple set up  (Read 992 times)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Second viewing zone - simple set up
« on: April 28, 2015, 06:08:22 am »

Hi All,

Can i do this?

I'd like to set up a second HTPC for my mother.

Can I have it go directly into Theatre View (ok I know I can do this) but directly to display "TV" and "Films" (these being two of several video folders on my NAS)?.

So, the HTPC is asleep. She presses the on button and it wakes up showing two Theatre View folders ..... Film and TV. She is then only a few clicks away.

I hope I've explained this properly ...

Cheers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Second viewing zone - simple set up
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:36:09 am »

You have some options under Tools > Options > Startup.  Theater View is one.

Also try choosing "Last Location".

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:12:24 am »

Thanks - I think that will do it.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 08:34:48 am »

directly to display "TV" and "Films" (these being two of several video folders on my NAS)?.

Yes but do not use folders on your nas as a reference. If you want really simple (like no genres or stars or directors) - just the name of each movie and TV show:

Set up two views for her in theater view like you want her to see. Remove everything else except "Video" in the options - change that to a secondary roller. and use the Nest button to put the 2 views under Video. After following what Jim said, JRiver will open in theater view and all you should see is Video and underneath it the two view choices. If however you need to separate TV into Series, season and episode .. you would need the TV View to include those categories and she would click and then make her choice. This is cooler, just make sure your files are tagged correctly (or rather consistently). I'd backup the library before you do this.

I presume you are just going to "restore" your library to her PC? Did you know you can set up and save Standard Views (which can be imported directly into Theater View via the options). That allows you to just copy them over to the correct directory on her machine. I do that a lot when I'm trying to set other people's systems up. Might not be as fast initally, but its good to know if she wants different Views you can import them for her later without redoing her settings.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:49 am »

Thanks so much for the replies, I'm happy to try it now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up