INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with backup-files  (Read 930 times)

J T

Problems with backup-files
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:11 am »

Hi friends

My pc crashed, have copy of all files, try to reinstall but get error while trying to play music:

Something went wrong with playback. The file could not be found. Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on the disc.

JT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with backup-files
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:50:27 am »

The locations in the library must match the actual file locations.  See the wiki topic called "Moving Files".  You may be able to use find and replace to fix the problem.

Hover your mouse over the file to see where MC believes it is.  Then compare that to the actual location.  Post the details here.

J T

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:29:42 am »

Well, i marked all albums, and renamed them..  they seems to be pointing to the right spot in my computer: before i did the change all files started with f:  that would be my backup-disc, now all lfiles startes with c: that would be my computer...

JT

Edit:   tried to uninstall mc 19, download mc 20 but am back to scratch..  :)

thx for help so far, am shure i am on my way to something,...

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 09:48:26 am »

Choose just one file and try to play it.  I'm assuming it will give you the same error.  When it does, hover over that song and look at the *exact* file path and file name.  It might be easier to see the full pathname by going to Audio -> Files and scrolling to the right until you can see the whole file and path name.

You're probably going to find that you have a directory name wrong, or missed one, or something like that.  Do a slow comparison between the path name you see in Windows Explorer, versus the path name you see in JRiver.  When you find the difference, you'll find your problem I think.

Good luck and post a screen shot or two if you need to.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up