INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Expression needed for Date Added  (Read 17185 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
[SOLVED] Expression needed for Date Added
« on: May 09, 2015, 09:39:37 pm »

SOLVED - CREDIT DUE TO GLYNOR AND MARCO AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS

So, You want to see, and have chronologically sorted, the media files you recently added. This is akin to "Recently Added"  lists you might see on say, Netflix. In MC this is easily achieved in any smartlists or Library views you create by using the [Date Imported] field. However, for whatever reason you want to edit only *some* files' [Date Imported] fields but retain the default value for all other files. This may be because the date that some files were added got messed up, you accidentally deleted old files and needed to re-import them etc. The problem is the [Date Imported] field is non-editable, it is read only.

The idea is to make a new field that serves as a stand-in for where you were using [Date Imported] before, which can optionally spit out the value of another field, if set.

You also have to make the new field *sortable* by date (MC needs to recognize the date format and it needs to be consistent with your present date format for other files). You need to use another expression field that spits out raw dates (the epoch-style dates) to be able to sort them ascending/descending using this raw date format.

Instructions
You need to add 3 new fields to MC, via the Library Fields Manager.

1. [Date Imported (Editable)] - this is an editable version of [date Imported]. It will remain blank unless manually modified.

set the following:
Field Type: User data
Data Type: Date

2. [Date Added (raw sortable)] -
This will spit out "raw" dates meaningless to a human when displayed in a column, but you CAN sort using them. By default it will show the raw date form of [Date Imported] unless you modify [Date Importable(editable)], in which case it will return the modified value.

Set the following:
Field Type: Calculated data
Expression Code:
ConvertDate(FirstNotEmpty([Date Imported (Editable)],[Date Imported]))

3. [Date Added] - this is a 'display' only field to convert raw sortable date to a human friendly conventional appearance

Set the following:
Expression Code:
FormatDate([Date Added (raw sortable)], DateTime)

How To Use
Now, use the new [Date Added (raw sortable)] in any smartlists or views where you previously used [Date Imported] eg "media subtype"   "is"   "movie"  and "Sort by"  "Date Added (raw sortable) (z-a)"

Add [Date Added] and [Date Imported (Editable)] as a column in the view, or add it manually to the Tag Action Window using the Also Show menu. Optionally also add [Date Added (raw sortable)] to your columns or Tag Action view. When you manually modify [Date Imported (Editable)] it will be reflected in the [Date Added] field and the [Date Added (raw sortable)] field…. AND IT WILL CHANGE THE SORT ORDER FOR WHEN FILES WERE ADDED BASED ON THE DATE YOU INPUT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All

MC 20.0.93 Win7
Im looking for a way to sort recently added media - movies or music - in chronological order from when they were added to the library.
[Date Imported] was an easy way to achieve this in Standard or Theatre View. However since I reinstalled MC [Date Imported] has defaulted to the date of install.It cannot be overwritten as far as I know. [Date Imported] still works for imports since reinstall.

So I fiddled with custom library fields hoping to use [Date Imported] as a default value but which could be overwritten, changing the sort order accordingly. No Luck.

Any clues appreciated

Thanks

Dantos

• World Citizen
Expression needed for Date Added
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 04:45:09 am »

Hi All

MC 20.0.93 Win7

[edit - due to no answers yet I thought I would rephrase the question].

I need an expression for "Date Added" which is the date media is added to the library, in chronological order.
[Date Imported] previously did this job but since a reinstall of MC, it displays the date when MC was reinstalled.

So I created a custom Library field called "(Date Added)" and tried to write an expression such that if this field was empty the [Date Imported] field would be displayed. I place my custom fields in () just to separate them from standard MC fields.

In the "Expression to display" for the library field of [(Date Added)] I wrote

If(IsEmpty([(Date Added), 1]), [Date Imported, 1],)

I was hoping this might display [Date Imported] if the field was empty and that I could manually enter a date to sort media by that date if desired.Unfortunately I have had no luck.

Any clues appreciated

Thanks

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expression needed for Date Added
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:29:36 am »

If(IsEmpty([(Date Added), 1]), [Date Imported, 1],)

hi,

there is a small mistake. you should not place quotes around data added. so:
If(IsEmpty([Date Added, 1]), [Date Imported, 1],)
when that does not work, you could also try
If(IsEmpty([Date Added, 0]), [Date Imported, 1],)

:)
gab

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 06:37:23 am »

I merged your threads. It is fine to bump your old thread and add new information if you don't get an answer.

A much better bet would be to get the data from your old Library back.  Reinstalling MC does not necessarily wipe out the Library data. The only time it does is if you uninstall, and manually check the "remove Library" box (which defaults unchecked).

However, even then, MC makes regular Library Backups automatically. Those backups are probably still on your disk, unless you had a catastrophic disk failure.  So, a much better bet would be to find these automatic backups and use the most recent one from before you messed it up, and restore your old Library, and get the real [Date Imported] back.

More:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

There is also a way to directly modify [Date Imported], if needed.  But, I'd go down this route first.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 08:21:04 am »

there is a small mistake. you should not place quotes around data added. so:
If(IsEmpty([Date Added, 1]), [Date Imported, 1],)
when that does not work, you could also try
If(IsEmpty([Date Added, 0]), [Date Imported, 1],)

Hi, thanks for reply. I tried both expressions as written, unfortunately neither worked

A much better bet would be to get the data from your old Library back.  Reinstalling MC does not necessarily wipe out the Library data. The only time it does is if you uninstall, and manually check the "remove Library" box (which defaults unchecked).

Thanks for reply. Yes, Im not sure how I managed to wipe out the original date imported info,possibly restoring from a backup from a different instance of MC. Whatever the case I then proceeded to do quite a bit of work on the newly installed library before detecting the anomaly. So all the new changes would be lost if restoring an original backup.

There is also a way to directly modify [Date Imported], if needed.

At this stage that would be my preference. Im only planning on altering a few dozen files rather than the whole library.Just so the more recently added files are displayed correctly.Beyond a certain time period it is no longer important to sort by when the file was imported.

thanks for your help

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 11:56:45 am »

"Date Added" is the same as "[Date Imported]".
If [date imported] has taken the date you re-installed MC, This means that you have a whole new library?

Check your JRiver folder in Documents to see if you still have your library backups. Are they there? If they are, you could restore from the latest backup and then you would have your [date imported] data back.

If you removed MC and began again because you felt your library was out of control, we could probably help with some library maintainence stuff that would allow you to continue with your original library.

EDIT:
OK, apologies, I see that was covered already. Still, do you have your backups?

If you do, make a backup of your current library and close MC.
Next, locate the latest library backup you have. It will be a zip file. Open it.
Inside, you will find a file named "field (date imported).jmd"
Take that file from the backup and add it to your library folder, replacing the existing file
Start MC. The file from the backup will not contain any data for file imported since the backup was made, which could prevent this trick from working, but still might be worth a punt.
Did it work?
If it did, the "Woohoo", if not, restore from the backup you made earlier and ignore me :)

-marko

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 07:34:36 pm »

... find a file named "field (date imported).jmd".Take that file from the backup and add it to your library folder, replacing the existing file
Start MC. The file from the backup will not contain any data for file imported since the backup was made, which could prevent this trick from working, but still might be worth a punt.
Did it work?

No but what a clever thought!! It should have worked if logic somehow prevailed but what happened was all files returned a "not imported" result under [Date Imported]. Yet when I restored the whole library,inclusive of the "field (date imported).jmd", it displayed all the different dates. Go figure ! Thanks for your input marko.

A much better bet would be to get the data from your old Library back. 

Hi Glynor, I have done this and then spent some hours re-doing changes made to my library since a backup which worked some months back.More recent backups had the same corruption of [Date Imported]

There is also a way to directly modify [Date Imported], if needed.  But, I'd go down this route first.

Hi Glynor. I still need this if possible.There are inexplicably some movies that are out of order with a couple imported over a year ago still showing a recent import date.makes no sense (to me).

I do know I made a lot of changes to the library,one of which was to change the drive letter (and path) to the hard disc where movies are stored. It seems all movies got re-imported with the new date.In fact, restoring an older library and doing an auto import left me with 2 versions of each movie.One pointing to the old drive path with correct [Date Import] and one with the new path and incorrect (all the same date) [Date Imported]. Anyway I sorted that out by reverting back to the old drive letter, rebuilding thumbnails, and search/deleting the movies with the unwanted drive path.

Other library fiddling that may have screwed things up included trying previously to bilaterally sync (allway sync program) 2 instances of MC on different pc's using same drive paths. I know it is doable from threads on interact but I found it a nightmare and have gone back to just using the MC server/ client function.I wish "client" would sync everything with server and not just selected things, such is life.

So how to fix the few remaining incorrect [date imported] ? Is it change pc system date, delete file from library and re-import?

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:35:25 pm »

It is possible. MrC has posted instructions in the past. I just haven't been able to look it up yet.

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 08:20:27 pm »

Thanks again, I will wait. (I did a quick google and found MrC saying [Date Imported] was a read-only database entry)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 10:22:24 pm »

Okay... I was wrong (that's why I wanted to look up the post).  Doing the trick to modify read-only fields within MC does not work for [Date Imported] (like it did for [Last Played] and [Number Plays] before we could edit those).

So... I can help with your original query, as this works perfectly well.  The idea is to make a new field that serves as a stand-in for where you were using [Date Imported] before, which can optionally spit out the value of another field if set.  This is super easy.

You need to add two new fields to MC, via the Library Fields Manager.

1. [Date Imported (Editable)] - Make a new field, and name it "Date Imported (Editable)" and set the following:

2. [Date Added] - Make a second new field, and name it "Date Added".  Set the following:
Expression:
Code: [Select]
FirstNotEmpty([Date Imported (Editable)],[Date Imported])
Now, use the new [Date Added] in any smartlists or views where you previously used [Date Imported].  Add [Date Imported (Editable)] as a column in the view, or add it manually to the Tag Action Window using the Also Show menu.

When you need to change the date for a file or set of files, just edit the [Date Imported (Editable)] field and MC will automatically use its regular date parsing (so you can add it with any of the normal formats, like 9/9/2001 for September 1, 2001).  The [Date Added] expression will show the results of whichever field it encounters "first" that is field, and work like you want.

I tested. Works fine.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »

Other library fiddling that may have screwed things up included trying previously to bilaterally sync (allway sync program) 2 instances of MC on different pc's using same drive paths. I know it is doable from threads on interact but I found it a nightmare and have gone back to just using the MC server/ client function.I wish "client" would sync everything with server and not just selected things, such is life.

Yeah... Wow.  That's a recipe for disaster.  Don't manually sync the Library between two copies of MC unless you really know what you're doing.  This can cause all sorts of problems.

You may even want to make a Clone of your existing Library first to get any duplicated GUIDs out of there, and other dirty little problems.

What were you trying to accomplish anyway?  Clients on Media Center can edit all tags and playlists on a server's Library. You just can't change the Library structure itself (organize Views and whatnot).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 10:39:53 pm »

Also worth mentioning, in case you're crazy. You can modify [Date Imported] via COM. That's how my MCFileIngester utility does it, when needed.

But, this would be whacking a gnat with a land mine, and I'm not offering to write an application to do it.  ;D

* Don't re-import your files unnecessarily (which should almost never be necessary).
* If you need to move files, move them within MC or fix the filename links to the existing files afterwards, with the Rename, Move, and Copy Files tool.  Don't just import the new ones.
* If you have a network or unreliable external media disk, be wary of the Auto-Import system's Fix Broken Links feature. It works perfectly well most of the time in the "Protect files on missing drives" mode, but there are circumstances that can blow it up (mainly if you plug in another disk which gets the same drive letter as the missing disk).  If you don't need it to automatically cull broken links to files, just set that to No.
* Don't mess with the Library files on disk.  Seriously.  MC manages them itself perfectly well, and if you don't know what you're doing, just leave them alone. If you aren't sure how to accomplish some task, ask.
* Don't nuke the Library to solve problems. This is almost never the answer.
* Set the automatic Library Backup location to a disk other than the one used for your real Library files (don't keep them on C if your real Library is on C). Consider backing this folder up regularly as well (perhaps to a cloud backup system, if you don't have a good backup strategy already)

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 01:24:16 am »

Yikes, Ive spent several frustrating hours without result.Time to just put up with the way it is.

Glynor, thanks, I did the clone library thing to get rid of any problems (although I restored from an old library which shouldnt have had problems anyway). Not sure why matching GUIds should be a problem if the aim is to "clone" a library.

Your expression works flawlessly, creating a "date added field" which defaults to "date imported" if empty. It can be overwritten with the "Date imported (editable)" field as required. The problem is that I can not get any library view or smartlist to sort by using the newly created "date added" field. It displays out of chronological order. I have set "customize vew" > set rules >sort by Date Added z-a. I have tinkered with the pull down menu on the view panel, sort by >custom > preset > Date Added z-a. No luck.I have manually changed a bunch of files' [edit- Date Imported editable value which updates the] Date Added value and it will then group these together if the same date but not chronologically with respect to the other files' dates.

When I return to sort by [Date imported] it returns a much more accurate result.

Anyway, Thanks for your efforts :(

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 02:12:59 am »

That's why we need an &datatype=[date] (See expression data types here)

The best you can do at the moment is to enter your manual dates in the editable field using yyyy/mm/dd and format the real field the same way...

FirstNotEmpty([Date Imported (Editable)],formatdate([Date Imported,0],yyyy//MM//dd))
Then it should sort OK.

Also...
There is a way to update the default [date imported] field, but whether or not it will be of any use to you depends on how much in disarray that field is for you in the first place, how many files, and so on. I'll show you how, then you can decide...

Example:
You have an album of 12 tracks. 9 of them have the correct [date imported] value, three of them do not.

• To correct this, select one of the correct tracks and the three incorrect tracks.
  • Go up to the menu in the top bar, and choose "File > Export playlist"
  • You will export to an mpl file. See the dialogue attached if you are unsure.
  • Remember to change the the last option to "Selection" to just get the four tracks you want. "All" ignores the selection and exports the entire list.
  • Once exported, find the exported mpl file and open it with a good text editor. By 'good', I mean one with find and replace capability. I use an old copy of Ultra Edit I have, but I believe the free Notepad++ can do this too.
  • You will see that the file contains a line for each file, followed by all of its tags. Find the good file data and then find its Date Imported data. Copy that line. It will look like so: <Field Name="Date Imported">1270710596</Field>
  • Using UltraEdit, I use find and replace to look for any instance of <Field Name="Date Imported">*</Field>, and replace it with <Field Name="Date Imported">1270710596</Field>
  • UltraEdit treats the star as being anything, so as long as the stuff either side of it matches, it replaces. I'm sure you get the drift of what we're doing here. Find the quickest way that works for you.
  • Once done, save your changes.
  • Back in MC, go up to the menu in the top bar, and choose "File > Import playlist" and choose your edited mpl file.
  • The three errant files will now have corrected [date imported] fields that match the other nine files.

This will only work if you use the File > Import/Export tools.
Whether or not that is useful to you depends on just exactly how out of whack your library is.

Hope it helps.

-marko

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 03:44:06 am »

Thanks marco

in my case I used
 FirstNotEmpty([Date Imported (Editable)],formatdate([Date Imported,0],DateTime))
 to match the system set date of eg 7/02/1999 7:09 am  -  which I think is d/MM/yyy h:mm tt    ? 
When I used d/MM/yyy h:mm tt I got AM or PM in capitals not small case.
When I used "DateTime" all the dates corresponded in format.
Changing the [Date added] moved the file but still not in chronological order with respect the other files.Further manipulating the [Date added] failed to change the sort order ie by making it 1/11/1915 4:22 am didnt shift the file to the bottom (or top) of the sort order.

havent tried the editing of [Date Imported] in notepad but probably not worth doing, anyway will need a break as my eyes are glazing over  ? :o

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »

That's why we need an &datatype=[date] (See expression data types here)

Yep. +1

Didn't think about sorting, but yes, it'll be all borked up in that case, probably.

EDIT: Couldn't you do the FormatDate as a postprocessing step in the expression?  I don't know... It might work with some elbow grease...  You might need to use another expression field that spits out raw dates (the epoch-style dates) but then you should be able to sort them ascending/descending using that field.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 04:18:21 pm »

MPL Import/Export is also a clever way to edit them, but you have to do the epoch math, so that's a pain.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 04:34:30 pm »

Yep.  Got it working.

Okay, to fix this, you just need to change the expression for [Date Added] a bit:

This will now spit out "raw" dates.  These will be meaningless to a human when displayed in a column, but you CAN sort using them.  To display them, you'll need to add an Expression Column (or a second calculated field) called "Date Added (Display)" with this expression:

FormatDate([Date Added], DateTime)
Then, you get...

You can sort on the "real" [Date Added].  You don't need to even display that column, and only ever show the column for the nicely formatted version.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 04:50:22 pm »

On consideration, I'd probably call the field that has the "raw" dates [Date Added (Sortable)] and make the "display" version just [Date Added].  That'll look nicer in a column.

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 04:05:04 am »

Hi Glynor, that is amazing, truly !!! It works a treat. Funny how something expected to be relatively simple....isn't  :o .

Anyway, as things have changed a bit as we have gone along i attempted to summarize everything and will modify my original post to add the solution.No doubt others might want to use this method.

Thanks to everyone !!!

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 10:31:24 am »

Example:
You have an album of 12 tracks. 9 of them have the correct [date imported] value, three of them do not.

• To correct this, select one of the correct tracks and the three incorrect tracks.
  • Go up to the menu in the top bar, and choose "File > Export playlist"
  • You will export to an mpl file. See the dialogue attached if you are unsure.
  • Remember to change the the last option to "Selection" to just get the four tracks you want. "All" ignores the selection and exports the entire list.
  • Once exported, find the exported mpl file and open it with a good text editor. By 'good', I mean one with find and replace capability. I use an old copy of Ultra Edit I have, but I believe the free Notepad++ can do this too.
  • You will see that the file contains a line for each file, followed by all of its tags. Find the good file data and then find its Date Imported data. Copy that line. It will look like so: <Field Name="Date Imported">1270710596</Field>
  • Using UltraEdit, I use find and replace to look for any instance of <Field Name="Date Imported">*</Field>, and replace it with <Field Name="Date Imported">1270710596</Field>
  • UltraEdit treats the star as being anything, so as long as the stuff either side of it matches, it replaces. I'm sure you get the drift of what we're doing here. Find the quickest way that works for you.
  • Once done, save your changes.
  • Back in MC, go up to the menu in the top bar, and choose "File > Import playlist" and choose your edited mpl file.
  • The three errant files will now have corrected [date imported] fields that match the other nine files.

This will only work if you use the File > Import/Export tools.
Whether or not that is useful to you depends on just exactly how out of whack your library is.

Hope it helps.

-marko

Wow this is excellent!!! I whish I had seen this before! Works like a charm!!

edwarduk

• Recent member
Re: [SOLVED] Expression needed for Date Added
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 06:49:27 am »

Hi

I wanted to edit some Import Dates and came across this old thread for help.  I was just about to follow the recommended steps (adding two new fields etc) and then thought "Why not simply change the computer date and then import?".

It works like a dream!

The new imports apparently were imported 10 years ago.   :D

Edward

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 10:54:21 am »

...and then thought "Why not simply change the computer date and then import?".

It works like a dream!

The new imports apparently were imported 10 years ago.   :D

Edward
The "itunes" method of changing Date Added by changing the date on the PC...Interesting  ;D

The Playlist MPL import/Export works like a charm for me....Particularly handy when you have several PCs and want to "sync" libraries. or just to change a few tracks from a same album, or "Upgrading" file versions from MP3 to Lossless and want to keep the "old" date imported...

The backup restore is not an option in my case as they all have different library contents (except for Music)
Thx Marko!!!

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 11:51:20 am »

'itunes' - sorry what is that?!  ;D

Yes, slowly, I'm getting rid of lossless tracks and have lived with 'new' imports. I may try the tips in this thread.

I find things synch up nicely with a server/client model.

I only have music on a server (which does not even have audio) and all other instances are clients. Updating, things like ratings, from the client to the server works just fine.   What use cases do you have that requires library syncs?

Edward

blgentry

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 11:58:52 am »

When replacing your files from a lossy format (like MP3) to a lossless format (like FLAC), you can preserve *all* of the tags on those files, including Date Imported!

Glynor has a windows program that does this.  I think it's called file ingestor.  I've never used it, as I'm not on Windows.

But you can do the same thing manually also.  It requires a number of steps, but I've done it quite a few times now and it's not that tough once you get used to it.  See the outline of how to do it here, at the bottom of the second post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49951

The big key for me on this, is naming the files in a very simple way so you can replace them easily.  Using the [Track #] or [Disk #] - [Track #] is a *great* way to do this.   Then rename them back after they have been replaced.

Brian.

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 12:46:45 pm »

Ah thanks for that Brian. I followed the workflow mentioned in the other thread and that makes sense.  In fact I had to do something similar when I upgraded my server and had to have the JRiver MC database point to a different server (from \\SERVER\ to \\TS140\). Backups of my Library helped until I got it right. I certainly did not want to reimport 30k tracks and lose all history.

My earlier post should have said lossy not lossless.

Edward

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »

I'm getting rid of lossless tracks and have lived with 'new' imports. I may try the tips in this thread.

I'm actually doing the exact opposite of that...Getting rid of lossy and replacing with lossless!  With hard disk space getting cheaper and cheaper and time to convert to lossy is so fast that you may want to stay with lossless? You may regret this one day...Oh well...To each is own..

Yes I have to try that ingestor thing...Looks very interesting!!

Ah iTunes...Still need it for the iphone, I use JRiver to sync an older iPod...It's a necessary evil :)

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 07:19:45 pm »

My earlier post ought to have said lossy not lossless. Keyboard not engaging with brain in a correct manner.  My aim is to get flac at 44.1khz 16bit or better.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 07:26:38 pm »

Yes I have to try that ingestor thing...Looks very interesting!!

It works great. I used it to replace about 500 files in my Library just last night!
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76147.msg528833#msg528833

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2019, 07:40:10 am »

Great day all, Glynor,

Hoping all fine,

Glynor, i could need some advice, this concerning your following feedback:
Instructions
You need to add 3 new fields to MC, via the Library Fields Manager.

1. [Date Imported (Editable)] - this is an editable version of [date Imported]. It will remain blank unless manually modified.

set the following:

2. [Date Added (raw sortable)] -
This will spit out "raw" dates meaningless to a human when displayed in a column, but you CAN sort using them. By default it will show the raw date form of [Date Imported] unless you modify [Date Importable(editable)], in which case it will return the modified value.

Set the following:
Expression Code:

3. [Date Added] - this is a 'display' only field to convert raw sortable date to a human friendly conventional appearance

Set the following:
Expression Code:
FormatDate([Date Added (raw sortable)], DateTime)

I'm using the above additional fields and did a perfect job till lately.
Guessing something is handled differently or something i changed is causing the following :-)

With all recent cd rips (within MC) I'm getting 'varies' as [Date Imported] data.
So those aren't helpfull on sort, as also the [Date Added (raw sortable)] field is affected, and needs everytime correction via the 'edit' field.
I've looked to the lib fields but I'm not able to select 'single value per album' on these.

Surely I'm missing something, would be great to have some pointer :-)

Thanks and cheers !

Fyi i did create yesterday a new topic on this, but as i'm not sure my question will be found, i'm posting it to the initial topic aswell :-)
Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up