INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why reinvent the Wheel - Share your fav Smartlist!  (Read 49503 times)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Why reinvent the Wheel - Share your fav Smartlist!
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 12:12:57 am »

Here are some of mine...

Hit Mix (Singles & Compilations)
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] playlistid==50142158,=194405892 ~limit=-1,3,[Artist] [Rating]=>=3 ~sort=[Random]The two playlists here collect anything that has been designated as a single or artist compilation (greatest hits, best of, etc.) I assign keywords to these.

Back in the Day (30 songs)
playlistid==986122414 ~mix=30,10,[Date (year)]=1970-1979,10,[Date (year)]=1980-1989,10,[Date (year)]=1990-1999Pulls from the "Hit Mix" playlist above, then limits to 10 songs each from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Random Live Album
[Rating]=>=1 [Keywords]=[Live] ~n=1 ~a [Complete Album]=1
All Songs by an Artist I Like
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Rating]=>=3 ~limit=1,-1,[Artist] -[Genre]=[Christmas] ~sort=[Random] ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]
Instrumental Hour
c=instrumental OR [Keywords]=[Instrumental] OR [Album]=[instrumental] OR [Genre]=[instrumental] OR [Lyrics]=[instrumental] ~sort=[Random] ~t=60
Forgotten Favorites (2 hrs.)
[media type]=[audio] [Last Played]=>=180d [rating]=4,5 ~sort=[Random] ~t=120
20 New Songs
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Date Imported]=<=90d [Number Plays]=<4 [Rating]=>2 -[Genre]=[Christmas],[Comedy],[Other] ~sort=[Last Played] ~limit=-1,2,[Artist] ~n=20 ~sort=[Random]
Decades:
50 (insert decade) Favorites
[Date (year)]=1980-1990 ~mix=50,40%,[Rating]=3,30%,[Rating]=4,30%,[Rating]=5 ~nodup=[Artist],[Name] ~sort=[Random]
(Insert Decade) Hits
playlistid==986122414 [Date (year)]=1980-1989 ~sort=[Random]Pulls from Hit Mix playlist

Random (Decade) Album
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Date (year)]=1990-1999 ~n=1 ~a [Complete Album]=1
Sue

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 11:59:35 am »

This is probably more information about my music listening habits than anyone would care to know, but here is the playlist that I listen to the most. Generally I like to listen  to new music that I import into my library.  That being said, a lot of my older favorites have been neglected.  Therefore, it is a playlist that mixes the old and the new (for me) and is a mix of the following playlists:

10% - Top Hits (standard MC playlist)
15% - Top 50 recent (same as Top Hits but only considers music imported in the last month)
10% - Recently Imported (this month)
15% - Recently Imported and Unrated (this month)
10% - Favorite Artist (I change the artists up, but it is a playlist that contains songs from 4-5 artists that I am interested in at the moment...and contains only songs with a rating of 3,4,5
10% - Last 3 Months 3 Star (songs imported in the last three months with a rating of 3,4,5)
10% - 4 Star (Songs with a 4 stars...sorted by date played so I pull from the songs that I have not heard in a long time.
10% - 3 Star (Same as playlist above, but for songs with a rating of 3)
10% - All Music (random selection from my entire library)

I randomly sort the existing playlist and limit it to 200 songs.  I find that I am constantly listening to this playlist because it stops me from having to decide what to listen to.  I love the fact that MC enables us to create playlists with this much control...though I do wish there was an easier way to create a playlist that is just a percentage mix of other playlists (unless there is already an easy way to do this taht I do not know about).  Took me quite a while to find all of the playlist id's and type out the correct syntax.  It would be awesome if there was a "Playlist Mix" dialog box that would first allow us to select the playlists we wanted to use, and then assign each playlist the desired percentage.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Why reinvent the Wheel - Share your fav Smartlist!
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2006, 12:03:16 am »

~a ~n=1 -[Album]=[] -[Album Artist (auto)]=[(Multiple Artists)]

I just tried this one with 11.1.123, and it gives just one single track - not a full album.

Edit:
Replaced ~n=1 with ~limit=1,-1,[Album] and it worked.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2006, 10:24:11 pm »

I do wish there was an easier way to create a playlist that is just a percentage mix of other playlists (unless there is already an easy way to do this taht I do not know about).  Took me quite a while to find all of the playlist id's and type out the correct syntax.  It would be awesome if there was a "Playlist Mix" dialog box that would first allow us to select the playlists we wanted to use, and then assign each playlist the desired percentage.

I'm working on something where a "Playlist Mix" option would be useful too. Do you mind posting the syntax you figured out for this mix? I'm hoping it will help me figure out how to do what I'm trying to do.
Sue

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »

mesue,

Here is the syntax for the mix portion.  I also have a few generic criteria (audio only, random sort, etc.) but it is probably easier for you just to see the mix portion...

~mix=200,10%,{playlistid=1057424378},10%,{playlistid=768450525},15%,{playlistid=458818663},15%,{playlistid=422569928},10%,{playlistid=524639851},10%,{playlistid=148799189},10%,{playlistid=58031783},10%,{playlistid=66060448},10%,{playlistid=64677763}

The part that is the most time consuming for me is figuring out what the playlist ID is.  Currently I am adding the needed playlist to another playlist, right-clicking on it, choosing "edit by typing" and then copy/paste.  There is probaby a better way of doing it but I have not figured it out yet.

Hope this helps.  If you cannot get it to work, post what you currently have and I am sure someone will be able to figure it out.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 02:18:45 pm »

Thanks, razumik! I've used ~mix before but wouldn't have figured out the curly brackets to use it for mixing playlists. Unfortunately, mix does a random sort, so it won't work for what I want.

What I'm trying to do is make a smartlist to generate different workout mixes where it will pull X# songs from the "medium intensity" playlist, then X# of songs from the "high intensity" playlist, then X# of songs from the "low intensity" playlist. They have to be in that order so you have the warm-up, workout, and cooldown. Anyone have any ideas as to how or if this is do-able?
Sue

wickesy

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 02:46:30 pm »

Quote from: razumik
The part that is the most time consuming for me is figuring out what the playlist ID is.  Currently I am adding the needed playlist to
another playlist, right-clicking on it, choosing "edit by typing" and then copy/paste.  There is probaby a better way of doing it but I have
not figured it out yet.

As you are typing the syntax right-click in the grey box, click Playlist on the menu that pops up and you will then see a list of all your
playlists.  Click in the box next to the one you want.  Easy when you know how.

Thanks for sharing - I've added your smartlist to my library  :)

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »

Thanks wickesy...that definately makes it less confusing. I had been pulling up the the playlist list but doing it during the creation of the new playlist makes it much quicker.

mesue...this is not a perfect solution, but one thing that you could do would be to create a new library field and call it whatever you like...unfortunately intensity is already taken.  Using this new field you could assign a 1 to your warm-up files, 2 to your workout, and 3 to your cooldown.  You could still use the mix, but have the last criteria be to sort by this new field...that way it will be in the correct order.  And the "mix" will make sure that you can make your workout longer than your warm up and cool down :-)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 04:26:18 pm »

I knew someone would have a creative approach. :-) Thanks. I can probably even do the new field as a calculated field so I don't have to remember to fill it in for new music. Something to work on tonight...
Sue

JoeCotellese

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2006, 08:22:31 pm »

Here is one of my many playlists. It's called Commute and basically allows me to create my own morning drive radio.
I wanted a mixture of my favorite songs and podcasts. I only wanted current podcasts of a limited duration. The enitre playlists fits in 75 minutes so it covers my morning and evening drives.

I rate all of my songs. That's a requirement of this playlists.

~mix=15,40%,{[Duration]=<=920 -[Feed URL]=[] ~sort=[date],[artist],[album] [Date Imported]=<=1d},60%,{g="Rock" [Rating]==5} ~t=75 ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

It really helps me feel liberated from radio.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up