INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error message more than 1 user signed in  (Read 1856 times)

Mivera

• Recent member
Error message more than 1 user signed in
« on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:36 am »

Hello,

I have 2 licences for MC 20 for Windows. I sold 1 of the computers with MC 20 installed on it. He's running it completely headless. Problem is every once in a while an error message pops up saying more than 1 user is signed in or both server and media center is in Windows startup. It seems to happen when we are both using MC 20 at the same time. This is a big problem since he's running headless he can't see the message, so he doesn't know what's going on he just can't connect. Restarting is the only way to fix.

Could this be because both copies are registered under the same email?

I really need to solve this problem

Thanks in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Error message more than 1 user signed in
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 11:04:45 am »

I don't think the common e-mail could be a problem.

I don't know what it could be, but the error message should point in the right direction.

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:14:08 am »

I don't think the common e-mail could be a problem.

I don't know what it could be, but the error message should point in the right direction.

It doesn't. I tried everything and it keeps happening. But not all of the time only sometimes. If I leave my computer on running MC server, and he does too it usually pops up.  only way to fix is a restart. I've only seen this problem when we both are using MC at same time which is why I suspect it's something to do with me having purchased both licences.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:20:16 am »

I had problems like this when I set up HTPCs for friends of mine. I configured it at my house using my license of JRIver.

They then paid for their own license. So it appears everything is copacetic (under Help-Registration Info their name shows up, not mine).  However the "access key" remained in the registry. Not sure if this is the case with you, but it could be, so you might want to check.

Ask your friend to see under options Media Network=>Use media network to share library .... It should be different than yours. If its the same, his code should be reset. I'll try and dig up how if this is the case, sort of forgot frankly  :P

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 11:27:20 am »

I had problems like this when I set up HTPCs for friends of mine. I configured it at my house using my license of JRIver.

They then paid for their own license. So it appears everything is copacetic (under Help-Registration Info their name shows up, not mine).  However the "access key" remained in the registry. Not sure if this is the case with you, but it could be, so you might want to check.

Ask your friend to see under options Media Network=>Use media network to share library .... It should be different than yours. If its the same, his code should be reset. I'll try and dig up how if this is the case, sort of forgot frankly  :P

Yes I'm suspecting this as being the problem. I also configured the unit under my licence, then purchased another when I sold. To install the new licence, I had to delete some lines in the registry to get the new licence to register. Obviously some other stuff was left behind as well which is causing this problem.

I'll try to reset the server code. Although he connects locally through IP, this maybe the issue.

Thanks

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 12:09:46 pm »

sure no problem  :) This makes sense now as you say its intermittent; eactly what was happening to me when these people started accessing their servers externally.

If their name is coming up under registration info (or a different one than yours at least), what you want to do is erase the following in the registry. It will be reassigned the next time they reboot JRiver and an internet connection is available. Nothing to do with e-mail addresses.

Code: [Select]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 20\Library Server\Registered Access Key

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 12:24:44 pm »

sure no problem  :) This makes sense now as you say its intermittent; eactly what was happening to me when these people started accessing their servers externally.

If their name is coming up under registration info (or a different one than yours at least), what you want to do is erase the following in the registry. It will be reassigned the next time they reboot JRiver and an internet connection is available. Nothing to do with e-mail addresses.

Code: [Select]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 20\Library Server\Registered Access Key

Yes already went through that process. The new registration code and name is in the license info. This is why I was baffled to why I was still getting the same message. I'll try resetting the server when he gets back home from work.

It would be nice if everything from a previous install would completely wipeout when you choose the option to remove all features during a uninstall.

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 12:43:42 pm »

Yes already went through that process. The new registration code and name is in the license info. This is why I was baffled to why I was still getting the same message. I'll try resetting the server when he gets back home from work.

It would be nice if everything from a previous install would completely wipeout when you choose the option to remove all features during a uninstall.
the registration code and name are different from the access code. It should wipe it. However, if you decided to save some time and restore your library to have a bunch of views set-up and your setting etc on the new machine (as I do), its going to come back  -- pretty normal really IMO. There are other ways to share views, but they are more time intensive.

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 12:53:37 pm »

the registration code and name are different from the access code. It should wipe it. However, if you decided to save some time and restore your library to have a bunch of views set-up and your setting etc on the new machine (as I do), its going to come back  -- pretty normal really IMO. There are other ways to share views, but they are more time intensive.

You know that's exactly what I did. I kept the old library. Which explains the problem. Thanks for the help! Hopefully my problems will be over now.

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 10:20:47 am »

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem ?

I reset the library. I deleted the library and added everything from scratch with a new library name. Still same message.

Only the server is in Windows startup. It's a clean install with nothing else running. I'm not sure why it's doing this. I have attached a picture of the error message. If anyone could help I would be grateful. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:08 am »

Is another user logged in?

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:48 am »

Of course not. If so I would have figured that out right away. It is a new licence that was only installed on the 1 computer.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:37 am »

I have sometimes had that error when restarting MC because it has been slow to close down for some reason.
There is a preference to allow multiple instances to run at one time, which may solve your issue if something else is causing that error message. (search for "instances" in the options window)
It would be better to figure out why you are receiving that error message though.
If you check the task manager, is MC already running? Is it running under another user account?

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 11:40:09 am »

Yes it would be nice to deal with the issue at the root cause. I'm sure there can only be a handful of causes that can trigger that message. I have it set to run only the server at startup. It's probably about 1 in 3 times that this occurs. But it a real pain since the guy is running a completely headless system with no monitor plugged in. I have everything setup exactly the same on my computers and I never see that message. I have a feeling it has something to do with setting it up originally under my licence, then changing the licence.

Perhaps it has something to do with the same MAC address associated with my account at 1 time?? Knowing all possible triggers for that message is probably the best pathway to solve the issue.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 11:45:28 am »

I think the network access is a red herring.
That error message - at least as far as I have seen - is shown when you are trying to run Media Center when an instance of Media Center 20.exe is already running on the system.

Check the task manager and see if it's already running - possibly under another user account.

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »

I think the network access is a red herring.
That error message - at least as far as I have seen - is shown when you are trying to run Media Center when an instance of Media Center 20.exe is already running on the system.

Check the task manager and see if it's already running - possibly under another user account.

Ok. I'll check next time it happens. Although there's only 1 user setup on the computer.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 12:22:11 pm »

Did you try rebooting?

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 12:29:35 pm »

Did you try rebooting?

Yes rebooting usually corrects the problem, but it's a pain to have to reboot every 2nd or 3rd time the computer is started. The message also makes it so you have to press the power button multiple times to shut the server down. The best solution would be to stop it from popping up ever again
Pages: [1]   Go Up