INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server serving two libraries simultaneously  (Read 1005 times)

f1bred

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Media Server serving two libraries simultaneously
« on: September 26, 2003, 11:24:08 am »

I am running Media Server on my file server and connecting to it from my other machines on the network. Most of my MP3s (the only type of media I'm currently serving) are recorded at 192k or higher. I have a DSL connection with only 128k upload speed. In order to stream music over the internet to work, I would need to stream a different (96k bitrate) library which I have done. Is there a way for media server to serve two different libraries at once (the high bitrate one locally, and the low bitrate one externally)? What about having the client tell the server which library to serve? Or, what about running two instances of media server (on the same machine) on two different ports and serving the two different libraries? Any other thoughts? This must be a common problem.  BTW, I know the easiest way would be to opt for a faster connection. ;)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Media Server serving two libraries simultaneou
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 12:36:11 pm »

Hi f1bred,

I'll have to think about the two library solution, nice idea.

I'm working on a converter so that you can stream everything at 96Kbps (for example) but it was too complex to get it in 9.1

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up