INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send Audio to DLNA Server, play Video locally  (Read 1465 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Send Audio to DLNA Server, play Video locally
« on: May 29, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »

I am currently on a two day computer gaming binge with my dear friend and we really *need* to watch Kung Fury! However we only have a local sonos for audio. Yes, it's a series of bad decisions.... Can jriver save us in these times of suboptimal aural planning? I managed to set up the DLNA server to allow me to play audio to the sonos system via the built in DLNA. However, whenever I try to play video, the sonos system dies, presumeably because JRiver tries to send the video data as well. Can I somehow configure JRiver to play video locally and stream sound via the DLNA?

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Send Audio to DLNA Server, play Video locally
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 05:18:50 pm »

I'm not positive if this will work but you should research "zones"

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 05:40:50 pm »

A fast and dirty way to do it is to right click the movie and go to Library Tools > Convert Format and select Convert Video to Audio. Convert to a FLAC or something and use DSP if necessary to downmix to stereo. It will take a few minutes to extract the audio.

Duplicate your current zone. Set one zone for DLNA and the other for local playback. You can set the audio device for the local zone to Null Ouput. Start the extracted audio in the DLNA zone and the movie in the local zone. One will just play audio and the other just video. Pause one or the other briefly to get lip sync close.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 06:24:06 pm »

Does the Sonos have any ordinary audio input?  Like an 1/8" stereo jack, for example.  Or RCA inputs.

Billion dollar company, Sonos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up