INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another dumb question about Smartlists  (Read 1344 times)

PNCD1

• Recent member
Another dumb question about Smartlists
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:55:43 am »

I have tried this using both the GUI and importing the search
Code: [Select]
[Album Artist]=[Abigail Washburn],[Bap Kennedy],[Belinda Carlisle],[Bert Jansch],[Billy Joe Shaver],[Bobbie Gentry],[Bonnie /"Prince/" Billy],[Brandi Carlile],[Chip Taylor],[Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez],[Dar Williams],[Dave Alvin],[David Olney],[Eleanor Mcevoy],[Greg Brown],[Grey DeLisle],[Guy Clark],[Holly Williams],[Iris Dement],[Jimmy Webb],[John Hiatt],[John Prine],[Jonatha Brooke],[Emmylou Harris],[Gretchen Wilson],[Kate McGarrigle],[Martha Wainwright],[Mary Gauthier],[Mary Coughlan],[Sally Timms] or [Composer]=[Abigail Washburn],[Bap Kennedy],[Belinda Carlisle],[Bert Jansch],[Billy Joe Shaver],[Bobbie Gentry],[Bonnie /"Prince/" Billy],[Brandi Carlile],[Chip Taylor],[Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez],[Dar Williams],[Dave Alvin],[David Olney],[Eleanor Mcevoy],[Greg Brown],[Grey DeLisle],[Guy Clark],[Holly Williams],[Iris Dement],[Jimmy Webb],[John Hiatt],[John Prine],[Jonatha Brooke],[Emmylou Harris],[Gretchen Wilson],[Kate McGarrigle],[Martha Wainwright],[Mary Gauthier],[Mary Coughlan],[Sally Timms] ~sort=[Name],[Artist],[Album Artist],[Album],[Album Artist (auto)],[Disc #],[Track #]What we have is a list of singer/song writers where I want to include all tracks where the named artists are the Album Artist or the Composer.
What I get back is only the first half of the query: where Album Artist is matched and ignores adding where Composer is matched.  Does anyone have a suggestion that would point me in the right direction?
Thank you.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Another dumb question about Smartlists
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »

For "Or" to work, you need to wrap in parenthesis...

Try:
Code: [Select]
([Album Artist]=[Abigail Washburn],[Bap Kennedy],[Belinda Carlisle],[Bert Jansch],[Billy Joe Shaver],[Bobbie Gentry],[Bonnie /"Prince/" Billy],[Brandi Carlile],[Chip Taylor],[Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez],[Dar Williams],[Dave Alvin],[David Olney],[Eleanor Mcevoy],[Greg Brown],[Grey DeLisle],[Guy Clark],[Holly Williams],[Iris Dement],[Jimmy Webb],[John Hiatt],[John Prine],[Jonatha Brooke],[Emmylou Harris],[Gretchen Wilson],[Kate McGarrigle],[Martha Wainwright],[Mary Gauthier],[Mary Coughlan],[Sally Timms] or [Composer]=[Abigail Washburn],[Bap Kennedy],[Belinda Carlisle],[Bert Jansch],[Billy Joe Shaver],[Bobbie Gentry],[Bonnie /"Prince/" Billy],[Brandi Carlile],[Chip Taylor],[Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez],[Dar Williams],[Dave Alvin],[David Olney],[Eleanor Mcevoy],[Greg Brown],[Grey DeLisle],[Guy Clark],[Holly Williams],[Iris Dement],[Jimmy Webb],[John Hiatt],[John Prine],[Jonatha Brooke],[Emmylou Harris],[Gretchen Wilson],[Kate McGarrigle],[Martha Wainwright],[Mary Gauthier],[Mary Coughlan],[Sally Timms]) ~sort=[Name],[Artist],[Album Artist],[Album],[Album Artist (auto)],[Disc #],[Track #]
Does that work any better?

PNCD1

• Recent member
Re: Another dumb question about Smartlists
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 02:14:51 pm »

A simple work of beauty.  Thank you - I was never going to find that at random and I never noticed the distinction on the Search Language page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up