INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting Windows Version of JRiver to MAC  (Read 1689 times)

keyoke

Converting Windows Version of JRiver to MAC
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:03:44 pm »

Hello all, i have purchased the JRiver Media Center 20 for windows. However, i wish to convert to MAC. anyone can help?
Reason is because the driver for my mixing device does not work very well with windows, hence there is distortion when playing my mixes via JRiver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Converting Windows Version of JRiver to MAC
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:11:12 pm »

It's a separate license, sorry.

You could buy the Master License for a reasonable price that's good on all three platforms.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

keyoke

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:15:26 pm »

It's a separate license, sorry.

You could buy the Master License for a reasonable price that's good on all three platforms.

hi thanks for the reply. so meaning that my current license will be placed there and unused and i have to buy another license instead?
oh well, i thought there can be a more flexible way things are done here as its due to unforeseen circumstances

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 12:46:17 am »

It's $24.98 to upgrade to a Master License. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:48:06 am »

... the driver for my mixing device does not work very well with windows, hence there is distortion when playing my mixes via JRiver.
Why don't you start a thread on that problem?  If you can provide more details, there should be a solution.

keyoke

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 03:17:37 am »

Why don't you start a thread on that problem?  If you can provide more details, there should be a solution.

thanks for the solution.
I didnt start a thread on that problem because i already determined that the issue is related to the driver of my dac and the OS i am running.
DPC latency is high on Windows 8, even on windows 7 i am facing some audio dropouts. have highlighted to my DAC vendor, however no solution can be provided.
Have tried the solution on a MAC, it does not have any issue. hence thinking of changing to MAC

noted on the upgrading of the master license

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 08:06:47 am »

Also, remember how generous JRiver's licensing is.  A master license allows you to run MC on as many computers as you personally own and use.  So if you want to run it on 2 or 3 macs and 1 or more windows machines (at work for example), JRiver allows you to do this as a normal part of business.  That upgrade for $24.95 is actually a pretty nice deal since you get to keep the ability to run MC on Windows, add Mac support, *and* add Linux support.  Just a little extra info in case you didn't know.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up