INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to SKIP during playback  (Read 1679 times)

dbuche

• Recent member
How to SKIP during playback
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:02:00 pm »

I am completely new to JRiver MC but am quite used to WMC. I purchased my HTPC several years ago from a company called Assassin. I recently reloaded WIN7 and purchased JRiver 20 to use instead of WMC. We have been using it for several days and everything works at least as well as WMC except that I can not skip forward or backward when we are watching a recorded TV program.

I spent the last few hours scouring the Wiki and this forum and found many references to similar discussions but none that clearly state the steps needed to use the skip feature on recorded TV programs. So, like the newbie I am, I am begging for help and apologize in advance if I missed something any 12 year old would have found immediately.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to SKIP during playback
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Are you using 20.0.115?  It's on the download page.

Are you playing on the same machine as the one that is recording?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »

Skipping works the same way for video as for audio.  Right-arrow key skips forward 30 seconds, left-arrow key skips backward 10 seconds.  The number of seconds in both cases is configurable.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dbuche

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:09:14 pm »

Yes, thanks you. the arrow keys work. I was stupidly expecting the skip keys on my Harmony to work the same way they had with WMC, but the arrow keys work just as well.

I noticed the program guide also isn't as friendly or informative as we are used to, and I will research that next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up