INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with Artist Artwork in Theater View.  (Read 1307 times)

Benson98

• Recent member
Help needed with Artist Artwork in Theater View.
« on: May 10, 2015, 06:24:30 pm »

Can someone please help me with getting the Artists Artwork to work properly in Theater View?  This problem has been around for a long time, but I'm hoping it can get fixed.  When I assign more than 1 Artist to the Artist Field, the Artist Artwork stops working.  This is under Theater View only.  It works fine with the standard view.  Below are the steps to get it to reproduce:

1) Create an empty music library.  In the default view change it to or make a new one using the Artist Field, not Album Artist Auto.  This needs to be changed in both the Standard View and Theater view.
2) Add one Album by an Artist (Ella Fitzgerald - Like Someone In Love).  At this point Artist Artwork will show up OK in both Standard View and Theater View.
3) Now add an Album that shares Artists (Ella Fitzgerald; Louis Armstrong - Ella And Louis).  Tagging would be Artist Field: Ella Fitzgerald; Louis Armstrong.
Under the Standard view the Artist Artwork shows up for both Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong.  But if you switch to Theater View the Artwork for Ella Fitzgerald does not work,  Because she has 1 album by herself it now switches to the Fanned Album covers and the Artwork for Louis Armstrong switches to the Ella Fitzgerald Artwork.
4) Now add an album only by Louis Armstrong.  Once you do this, both Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong Artist Artwork do not show up, just the Fanned Album Covers.
5) As another test, if you only have 1 album that shares artists (Ella Fitzgerald; Louis Armstrong) it will show the Ella Fitzgerald's Artist Artwork for both.

This also happens if you have individual tracks that share artists.  It does not have to be a full album, if the common album only tracks 3 and 5 had Ella Fitzgerald; Louis Armstrong and the rest were Ella Fitzgerald it would still not work.

In the Standard View the Artist artwork works.  It is just in Theater View that it is having the problem.

The above steps were tested with the new version 20.0.106.

Thanks,
-Benson98

Benson98

• Recent member
Re: Help needed with Artist Artwork in Theater View.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:01:17 pm »

Any chance of getting this fixed?  The current workaround I'm using is to make duplicate copies of the albums but I will rather not waste the HD space.  With multiple SACD ISOs it adds up quickly.

Thanks,
-Benson98

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Pages: [1]   Go Up