INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Problem  (Read 1424 times)

Sam2910

• Recent member
License Problem
« on: June 30, 2015, 11:16:41 am »

Hi.

I am a new member here. Just purchased JRiver Media Centre minutes ago.

However, I am having problem using my license key.

I had entered the license key into the restore license menu at the Trial Windows.

My Trial Period had expired. And after I entered the license key.

Then it says my License had been successfully installed. And thats all. The windows showing my Trial Period had expired is still there.

It didn't pop me into the media player or anything. I tried few times of this. All I get is just emails saying that I am using up the 10 times license restore limit.

Also to mention, i noticed that the license key that sent to me thru email are indicating this license key is for Media Centre 21. But I don't see JRiver Media Centre 21 for Mac had been released yet.

Please do help me.  :(

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: License Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:19:13 pm »

MC for Windows and MC for Mac are licensed separately (each has its own fee).  To use the same license on both Windows and OSX, you need to have purchased a Master License.  If you didn't, and only bought one or the other, it won't work, though you can upgrade to the Master License for a modest cost (much less than buying the two licenses separately).

Assuming you already had the Master License, then make sure you are running the latest version of MC on both machines.  This may not be the one you already have, as they release new ones all the time.  That will fix the MC21 versus MC20 thing.  They've just updated the internal licensing model, and will eventually release the first betas of MC21.  The licenses they're now selling aren't compatible with older versions of MC20, but are compatible with the latest-and-greatest versions.

That should be, as of today:
* MC for Mac 20.0.124, available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98430.0
* MC for Windows 20.0.123, available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98427.0

Don't worry about using up the restores. They can be reset later if you ever run out for legitimate reasons (like this).  That limit is to keep people from sharing licenses with friends and whatnot.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: License Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:25:52 pm »

When installing a JRiver MC license file on Mac OSX, I've found that you need to open it with the Package Installer.

You should have received a file ending in .MJR as a license restore.  Open that file by right clicking and selecting open with.  Find the Package Installer in that menu and open the MJR file with Package Installer.  That should properly install the MC license for you.

Let us know your results.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up