INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video stuttering and pixelated with an Intel NUC [Solved]  (Read 3824 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Video stuttering and pixelated with an Intel NUC [Solved]
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:50:14 am »

I have a Haswell based Intel NUC with integrated HD 5000 GPU. It was running fine with Windows 10 preview 10130 and Media Center 20. I did a complete reinstall with the latest Windows 10 preview 10158. Now the video stutters and pixelates. I suspect this is due to the integrated GPU and some setting in MC. I am using the HD 5000 video driver from Windows Update,  which is the recommendation from Intel. As a comparison,  I have another machine with the same Windows and MC releases but it is Sandy Bridge with a discrete Nvidia GPU.  The identical video files play fine on it.  Task Manager does not report any high CPU,  memory or network usage on the NUC while it playa the video. I seem to remember this could be due to a setting in MC, but can't find it.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:57:24 am »

Is there not an option in MC under video settings to switch on or off hardware video acceleration.

Just a thought.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video stuttering and pixelated with an Intel NUC
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:52:27 am »

Go back to 10130 to confirm that the Win10 is what broke playback. If it plays fine in 10130 then I think you will need to wait for the next Win10 preview release (or RTM) for a fix. BTW - there is a WIN10 version 10159 out now too.

If it is due to something in 10158, be sure to report it to MS. Are you familiar with the Win10 forum "TenForums.com"? It a good resource to see if others are having similar issues.

Perhaps try the Intel Beta drivers for Win10 for your HD5000 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25027

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »

I had hardware acceleration turned off.  I tried playing the same files on the same NUC with Plex Home Theatre and with Kodi. Both struggled to play the video in the same manner.  The Intel beta driver is the same as the one installed by Windows update. Unfortunately, I cannot go back to 10130. I've posted on Intel and Microsoft forums to see if anyone else can reproduce or has a solution.

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 12:00:26 pm »

The latest 10162 Build of Windows 10 has resolved the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up