INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control question  (Read 2957 times)

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
Remote control question
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:53:50 am »

Sorry that I keep nagging about this. Please just clarify whether there is something wrong in my configuration, or wheter there is a shortcoming in JRiver. And if so, will you seek to correct it or advice me to accept the flaw.

Here is what I mean:

When I press the music button on my remote I am directed to my music albums that are sorted directly under the Audio-tab in Theater View.
So one would expect that pressing the video-button on the remote would direct me to my videos that are sorted directly under the Video-tab in Theater View. However this does not happen.

I am aware that there may be more important things to fix before this. However, a statement would be appreciated. (just so I know I have reached through to you, and that you have understood the problem)

Best regards,
Jarle

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Remote control question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 08:56:54 am »

On my remote, when I click on "My Videos" it takes Theater View right to the list of videos.  Have you modified your Theater View at all?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 02:44:08 pm »

Yes I have,
I have removed all sub-categories like home-videos, shows, and so on. Since I have only one category - music DVDs - all videos are sorted directy under the video-tab in theater-view.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »

It looks like it is programmed to go to a category named "Movies".  I believe if you rename it to that, it should function as you'd like.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 06:07:23 am »

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried to rename the Video tab to "Movies"
Have also tried to add a sub-category "Movies". Nothing helps. All pressing the "video"-button on the remote does for me, is to enter Theater View.

-Jarle

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 12:51:28 am »

Anyone who can shed some light on why this doesn't work?
Grounds for a fix??

-Jarle

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 06:55:07 am »

Try setting the default Theater View again to see if you can get it to work.  If so, then make changes slowly.  If not, I don't know what we can do.  You've modified both the remote and Theater View.

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 02:51:00 pm »

Thanks. The best I can achieve seems to be to have the Video-tab in Theater View highlighted (or Movies-tab which is the new name after i renamed it after advice from the forum)
Actually I havn't made any changes to the remote control settings, other than trying to add an "enter" command. This was the obvious step forward when I achieved to have the Movies-tab highlighted. But for some reason adding this command does nothing. That was very unexpected.
I believed this problem would seem to the developers like a low hanging fruit - a small fix to improve an annoying problem. But maybe it is only me who experience this problem. I will settle with the way things are. After all it is a small problem

Jarle

Pages: [1]   Go Up