INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 Upgade for Greek Customers  (Read 4411 times)

geoptin

• World Citizen
MC 21 Upgade for Greek Customers
« on: July 10, 2015, 02:43:02 am »

Hello!
I live in Greece and although I want to pre-order the next version of MC, I just can't. The Greek banks are in capital control and I can't use my Debit Card outside Greece. I can't even transfer money to another account outside Greece. I think this will last beyond July 25. If it does, will you consider extending this deadline just for us?
geoptin

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 Upgade for Greek Customers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:07:03 am »

Do you have a Paypal account? Could you set one up?

Paypal have a presence in Greece, so you may be allowed to transfer funds to Paypal Greece, who then may be able to transfer funds internationally.

But it is also possible that Paypal in Greece is under the same restrictions as banks. Worth a try though.

PS: Yes, you can buy and/or upgrade MC using Paypal.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

georgethesixth

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:40:49 am »

Does Paypal work for you ?

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 04:23:06 am »

PayPal in Greece is also under capital control. I just read their announcement on the Net.
geoptin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 07:09:21 am »

We'll try to work out something for you but it won't be until next week.  Bump this if necessary.

You can send me an e-mail.  I'm jimh at jriver.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:06:03 am »

What is the current situation with credit cards in Greece? 

If they're working, we could provide a special, short term coupon so you could get the $18.98 price.

audioriver

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »

In theory, some bans have been lifted but in practice most transactions still fail. It's trial and error at the moment.
Windows 10 Pro x64

audioriver

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 04:19:49 am »

I could give it a try, thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64

audioriver

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 06:57:09 am »

Hello, since the problem still exists with some (but certainly not all) online credit card charges/websites (the JRiver online billing system seems to be one of them - it declines Greek cards), would it be possible to give us a PayPal account email so we could transfer the money directly into that PayPal account? This direct PayPal transfer usually works with no problems (using the PayPal option via your website will still not work).
Windows 10 Pro x64

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 07:52:10 am »

We don't do anything special for Greece.  If it isn't working, it's because of the banking system somewhere.  We just ask for authorization and they say yes or no.

You would need to set up your own Paypal account.  Normally that's not difficult, but maybe Greece is different right now.

I'm sorry for the problems and I hope they are over soon.

audioriver

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 08:11:46 am »

If it isn't working, it's because of the banking system somewhere.  We just ask for authorization and they say yes or no.

That's only partially true. Yes, the problem is caused because of the banking system situation but today, many websites (possibly more than 50%, at least in my experience) work without problems (sites that previously didn't work when this situation began). So, it's up to the websites themselves to lift the restrictions, too. Can't say how this works of course.

Quote from: JimH
You would need to set up your own Paypal account.  Normally that's not difficult, but maybe Greece is different right now.

I do have a PayPal account, and a direct transfer from my PayPal account (which is linked to my Greek card) to your PayPal account/email would work (PayPal has been confirmed as working here for such transactions). It doesn't work for JRiver now, because even the PayPal method goes through your current billing systems (which currently don't work with Greek cards) - it is not a direct PayPal to PayPal transfer.

Anyway, I'll probably use a relative's non-Greek card to bypass this problem - I hope other users can find similar solutions.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up