INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 133886 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2015, 01:58:07 am »

For MC21 I would like to see:
* genre specific tags for the remote / EOS
Today, when I start playing (any genre) a song EOS/ Gizmo is showing
1st row: song name
2nd row: interpred and album name

what I would like to see in genre classical
1st row: song name
2nd row: composer
3rd. row: orchestra / soloists / conduktor / Chorus
the Tag and there order should be configurable.

* Offline DB for the remote / EOS
sometimes I am surfing the net and some possible new music came across.
because my musik server was not up and running ( or not available, offline, what ever) to check if I did not already have the CD I had to let pass the opportunity ( had to park the cd's in the shopping cart, what ever).
That is the reason why I am asking to implement for a offline DB within EOS ;-)

regards
H-E

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2015, 07:19:18 am »

- Add easy Amazon Instant Video Access with auto-login feature.

- Integrate the video player into MC media server (the one without the full GUI) which will display fullscreen videos when delegated via another DLNA control point.

- Add multi-language support (adjustable) for metadata fetching from video info sites like tvdb.

- Allow to VIRTUALLY merge multi-part videos (CD1, CD2... or part 1, part 2...) so that they appear as ONE entity only in MC and play seamlessly

- Allow audio DSP for video audio when playing across the network / internet (e.g. DLNA, remotes) - the server shall be able to fully process video audio using the DSP section when transcoding it

mrsinger

• Recent member
Biggest Complaint with MC
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2015, 07:57:00 am »

Can anything be done with how long it takes to find DLNA renderers at startup? 

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2015, 08:09:33 am »

Subtitles/transcoding:

5. The ability to add the subtitles (if present) from the original, to the transcoded MP4-file during transcoding.

7. The ability to shift subtitles further down than 30%, many movies are 1:2.35 I want to use the black bar area to show subtitles on a 16:9 display.

Let me add some important point to subtitles support requirements. It's about subtitles timing adjustment.

We know that sometimes it's very hard to find the subtitles with perfect timing for our foreign movies.  So we are forced to adjust the wrong timing somehow to synchronize subtitles and video.

Most players support just define some countable time shift for subtitles. Actually it's really inconvenient, because you need to calculate that time shift first by yourself somehow...

OK, let's keep this very basic feature, but it's not enough.

The best option, which I propose to use in MC21 is to have 2 hot keys to scroll the subtitles forward and backward relative to  stationary or moving picture.

So you can just open your movie, to load some imperfect external subtitles, to adjust them easily using 2 buttons and enjoy the show.  :)

panhead

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2015, 02:23:48 pm »

I would like to see Tidal support with flac streaming.    Dont know if this has already been requested

WW

« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2015, 03:15:29 pm »

Dear MC Team,

since MC18 I have been a good customer - and still would be more than happy to purchase also MC21 and beyond - and this is my first post ever...

Key to me is now that you find a way that I can stream Spotify, YouTube etc from my PC/Laptop (where I run MC20) to a WLAN connected DLNA renderer. I have tried several days and ways with WDM driver and various options, also reading all of the relevant threads. But I failed. Also from what I understand from respective threads this does not seem possible.

Jamcast can do the job, so why can't MC?

So, plse indicate that/if you will solve the problem over the next few weeks with MC21,

thanks a lot, WW

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2015, 03:40:15 pm »

Is anyone else interested in exporting portions of the Library so they can be imported into other libraries?  Specifically:

1.  SmartLists:  Definitions, plus all columns including expression columns.
2.  Views:  The mechanism for importing and exporting views is known to be "broken" with some workarounds reported.  It doesn't work at all on Mac.  A way of saving Views and even a tree of views would be awesome.  I wonder if this opens a can of worms though, as views can reference playlists and/or smartlists, which would mean you'd need those dependencies too.
3.  I've seen call for exporting and importing the Gizmo/JRemote views also.

Again, wondering if anyone besides me thinks this would be helpful.

Brian.

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:13 pm »

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

Count my vote toward these two items requested earlier.

Milkdrop Visualizer

and

Waveform Seekbar

emovac1

• Recent member
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2015, 06:42:11 pm »

Ability to incorporate streaming services as mentioned in MC21 thread.  Pandora, Slacker, Spotify (especially Spotify), Deezer, iheartradio, Tidal, etc.  Allow the streaming services to be utilized with the MC and the super-awesome Linux based JRiver Id NUC and JRemote app.

Master License MC21 pre-ordered   ;D

blgentry

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2015, 08:53:39 pm »

A NO vote for Waveform Seekbar.  Unless it's defeatable so that it never shows.  If it's an option cool.  But that feature would be enormously negative for me if I had to see and use it.  I'm a little strange sometimes.  :)

Brian.

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

I think it's a neat idea, but I just don't see where the space for it is going to come from, unless you make the toolbar considerably larger.
Official support for Milkdrop would be appreciated by many I'm sure. It seems to have quite a following.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2015, 09:55:51 pm »

A NO vote for Waveform Seekbar.  Unless it's defeatable so that it never shows.  If it's an option cool.  But that feature would be enormously negative for me if I had to see and use it.  I'm a little strange sometimes.  :)

Brian.

An option for off/on display yes of course.

A wave form seek bar/scrub window, similar to soundcloud.  Not separate by default but enabled to fit (dock) nicely above the playlist buttons in standard view (just below cover art)  or for that matter just above the cover art, or anywhere on the standard view (maybe). This could if one wanted to replacing the timeline altogether (optional),  replacing with a waveform seek/scrub section. 

With quality/graphics options to optimise and refine for those with more gpu power.  Smoothing, anti-aliasing to the point it almost looks soft focus.  You know, just good graphics ideas we could build on.

Integrated into standard view either in the same place as the timeline is now.  And other options for placement/detachment.

And also,

Old and new style VU meters able to pop out the GUI of a VST plugin. And be able to dock the window into the standard view etc.  Or if detached have another option to go borderless when detached and floating.  Maybe even transparent around the VU meters whilst in borderless floating window as an extra option.

I've got the VU meters suggested in the other recent same sort of request thread:  http://www.lsraudio.com/lvlmeter.html  Where someone mentioned looking into a detached window, either from the main UI or from DSP studio.

Would be great to be able to have these display in there own detached window, without always having to open DSP studio. 

Maybe there are two ideas here.  One is to have VST VU's be able to detach from DSP studio and float anywhere without the need to have DSP studio main window open.

And second,  to maybe have in-house VST VU meters as floating window options for JRiver down the line.  I've not really found a good selection of good VU meters.  The one from the link above. And ideas based off the photo in this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96388.msg664704#msg664704

I mean the software is a player, it has volume control so I thought why not also offer 1-5 (old and new) VU meters bundled in.  To enhance the visual impact of using JRiver without needing more 3rd party stuff. And right there in a detached borderless window, and also integrated into standard view somewhere if that option was checked.  Just a thought for the future.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2015, 02:36:06 am »

I would like to see Tidal support with flac streaming.    Dont know if this has already been requested

Already requested several times Tidal and Qubiz high-res streaming support.  :)

Pino Moschetta

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2015, 02:43:14 am »

Like this, your player could be very flexible and maybe the best on this planet  ;)

utente

Feature Requests !!!!!!!
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2015, 02:45:59 am »

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2015, 03:04:36 am »

The best option, which I propose to use in MC21 is to have 2 hot keys to scroll the subtitles forward and backward relative to  stationary or moving picture.

So you can just open your movie, to load some imperfect external subtitles, to adjust them easily using 2 buttons and enjoy the show.  :)

Adjustment of "Subtitle Timing" is already available in the OSD menu.

Start your movie that has external subtitles already associated with it, or select the external subtitle file you want to use with the OSD menu, accessed via pressing the up or down arrows while the movie is open, either paused or playing.

Then scroll through the OSD menu items to find "Subtitle Timing" in the "Settings" group. Select it, then use the left and right arrows to adjust the subtitle timing in 100ms increments, positive or negative. MC remembers the adjustment you have made for that movie, so for the rest of the movie, or any time you play it in future, the subtitle timing will be correct. You can make the changes with the movie paused if you like, but I find it easier to adjust while it is playing a section of the movie with subtitles.

Of course you still need an external subtitle file that is basically from the correct source, or the pitch of the subtitles may be different, in which case the timing will always drift.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2015, 03:22:07 am »

Adjustment of "Subtitle Timing" is already available in the OSD menu.

Start your movie that has external subtitles already associated with it, or select the external subtitle file you want to use with the OSD menu, accessed via pressing the up or down arrows while the movie is open, either paused or playing.

Then scroll through the OSD menu items to find "Subtitle Timing" in the "Settings" group. Select it, then use the left and right arrows to adjust the subtitle timing in 100ms increments, positive or negative. MC remembers the adjustment you have made for that movie, so for the rest of the movie, or any time you play it in future, the subtitle timing will be correct. You can make the changes with the movie paused if you like, but I find it easier to adjust while it is playing a section of the movie with subtitles.

Of course you still need an external subtitle file that is basically from the correct source, or the pitch of the subtitles may be different, in which case the timing will always drift.

Thanks for that notice.  Cause my primary platform is Mac, I just forget to check it on Windows.  As you know subtitles support is missing on Mac at all now...

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2015, 09:36:23 am »

I posted this on another thread that was closed:

Theater View enhancements:

• When playing music, have an option to permanently display the running/remaining time instead of just a moving 'dot' (I know you can move the mouse over it or go down to it using a remote, but I'd like it to always show it)
  • Have an option to change the background pictures easily instead of the Van Gogh ones - from within Theatre view
  • The ability to play a slideshow of your pictures whilst music is playing (Again, I know this is possible using smart lists but this is cumbersome) - WMC has a slideshow button you can choose once you've started playing music
  • TV channel updating using Theater view, instead of having to come out of it and use a mouse/keyboard - As this is running on a Media PC, I'd like to avoid using a mouse/keyboard as much as possible.
  • When adding tracks to 'Now playing' - if shuffle is on, automatically reshuffle the new tracks into the list
  • Playlist support - again just to save having to come out of Theatre view

Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2015, 10:23:41 am »

When adding tracks to 'Now playing' - if shuffle is on, automatically reshuffle the new tracks into the list
JRiver, if this gets implemented please make this a tickable option in options/or an additional shuffle option... our family uses shuffle daily, and once a shuffled song/artist comes up we like, we use add as next (without shuffle) often.

Thank you.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2015, 04:01:48 pm »

Please continue to have all features that have motion (spectrum, etc) be optional.

Thanks!

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2015, 03:11:00 am »

Please continue to have all features that have motion (spectrum, etc) be optional.

Thanks!

+1

It's a mystery to me why people want functionless animated displays like waveforms and VU meters, but if they're there that's fine as long as they can be disabled.

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2015, 08:14:13 am »

When I play internet radio, the title / artist will be displayed only in the upper small display.
In the "Playing Now" - window, only the name of the station can be seen, just as in "copy Listening to"

Example:
Listening to: 'Polskastacja - Blues' with JRiver Media Center 20

I have this feature often requested, but apparently no one listens with MC Internet radio

It would still be wonderful if the played tracks would be seen in Playing Now window.

A year ago, I have Windows buried and use MC only in Linux. Nevertheless a question:

Mwillems wrote a plugin for Conky.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98285.msg679590#msg679590

It would be great if it would be possible to display "Playing Now" in the sytem tray / notifications Aerea  with Artist / Album / Name
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2015, 09:07:50 am »

Higher sample rates for ASIO line in.  I have been playing with a vinyl rig using Lynx Hilo and RIAA in convolution engine.  I've noticed ASIO line in is limited to 96khz. It would be nice to see some higher sampling rates for the ASIO line in for "live" vinyl playback.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2015, 09:09:23 am »

BD Full menu support  ;D ;D ;D
BD Kind of full menu support  (libbluray)  :D :D :D

I know...but i promised I'll be asking for it at least until MC30

Groundhog

• Recent member
Re: [REQ] [DSP] Multi-level DSP
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2015, 09:55:39 am »

Multi level DSP where effects are additive.

Example: Two levels of DSP settings: Zone and File.

If DSP is configured for a zone, the zone DSP is always applied to all audio played to that zone. This could be used for room correction/equalization or headphone equalization.

If there is a file level DSP preset, the file DSP is applied in addition to the Zone DSP. If there is no file level DSP preset, the file level DSP is cleared – but the Zone level DSP remains in effect. This could be used to correct badly mastered recordings.

Thanks,
-Brent

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2015, 10:16:21 am »

It's fine to say you like a request, but please don't start discussion in this thread. 

Re: [REQ] [DSP] Multi-level DSP
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2015, 10:31:18 am »

Multi level DSP where effects are additive.
Example: Two levels of DSP settings: Zone and File.
If DSP is configured for a zone, the zone DSP is always applied to all audio played to that zone. This could be used for room correction/equalization or headphone equalization.
If there is a file level DSP preset, the file DSP is applied in addition to the Zone DSP. If there is no file level DSP preset, the file level DSP is cleared – but the Zone level DSP remains in effect. This could be used to correct badly mastered recordings.
DSP Presets need a complete overhaul.
In their current state, they are practically useless.

When creating a new DSP Preset, there needs to be a save dialog which presents you with a list of all the currently installed DSP plug-ins.
You would then select which of the currently active DSP plug-ins you wish to include in the preset you are creating.
E.g. you might want a preset to only save the state of the Parametric EQ, and not all DSP.

You would also have to specify whether loading this preset will clear existing DSP, or whether it will leave existing DSP plug-ins in their current state.
E.g. You have a preset which only changes the state of the Parametric EQ.
Or you have a preset which changes the state of the Parametric EQ and also disables the Headphone DSP.

DSP Presets should be loaded and then unloaded on a per-track basis.
If the equalizer is currently set to "Flat" and I play a track which changes this to "Rock", every subsequent track will play with the "Rock" EQ.
What should be happening is that the EQ starts at "Flat", changes to "Rock" for any tracks tagged with that DSP, and the EQ returns to "Flat" when the next untagged file is played.

Another example of this sort of use is when you want to notch out a specific frequency on an album or track:

Tones at 15kHz are quite common - I'd guess due to displays or lighting in the studio emitting high frequency noise, and the engineers having lost that portion of their hearing.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2015, 12:49:42 pm »

Option to Sync Device and store to Playlist folders: Each playlist creates a folder on target device with MC playlist as name. Please. Please.

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
  • "We have assumed control"
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2015, 01:47:35 pm »

Hi,

It would be nice to have advanced feature for exporting/copying playlists in MC21.

I would like to export all tracks from a playlist to a usb stick (or hdd) with converting options and custom renaming to change track# to match the seq in the playlist.

For example:

FROM   C:\music\[artist]\[album]\[track#] - [name].FLAC     TO      G:\music\[playlist name]\[seq] - [artist] - [name].MP3

I've looked into the Move/Copy section, but can't replace the [track#] with the [seq] from the playlist.

The only way I found is to export the playlist to the usb stick, but the filenames stays the same, and the naming options are very limited.

I need a tool that extracts data from the playlist file (MPL).  Maybe a more advanced "Export playlist" function.

I think this would be a great addition to MC21.

Thank You

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2015, 03:13:34 pm »

I have a few ideas that I would love to see implemented in 21.

1.  I would love the ability to change sorting in Theater View.  For example,  I have a lot of media and I have a view for my movies that is set up by to show by Genre.  What I would like is when I select a genre, lets say Comedy, my default view is to show them sorted alphabetically.  What I would like is to have an additional sorting option so that I could then sort by date imported, release year, rating, etc.  Or when I am looking at my view that is set to show by date imported, newest stuff first to be able to filter by genre, release year, etc.

2.  I am not sure if this is feasible/possible but I have many mkv movie files that have multiple audio tracks.  I would love a library field that was "Number of Audio tracks".

3.  Much more robust options for "Get Movie & TV Info..."  I would like to be able to select exactly which fields are added, choose whether or not to over-write existing values per field, etc.

4.  Animated GIF support.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2015, 03:19:56 pm »

Did you try the customization options in Theater View's settings?

You can add a custom tag for "number of audio tracks".

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2015, 03:53:15 pm »

Did you try the customization options in Theater View's settings?
I know that I can setup individual views for what I would like to do.  But I don't want to have to create a view for each and every one.  I want to be able to setup my Genre view and choose it's default sorting, which would be alphabetical.  Then, when I am browsing in theater view and I bring up my genre view I want to be able to say to myself, hmm, lets see what new Comedy movies I've gotten recently.  Choose the Comedy Genre and then have a new option for sorting.  I have done a Photoshop mockup below to show you what I am talking about.

You can add a custom tag for "number of audio tracks".

I realize that I can add custom tags but will MC automatically fill in the value?  I don't want to have to do it manually.  I want to be able to import a movie and have that field tell me how many audio tracks that file has.  If this is possible and I can just add a custom tag for "number of audio tracks" could you perhaps provide clearer instructions on how to do so?

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2015, 04:25:09 pm »

4.  Animated GIF support.
+1

Preferably with an option to animate on "thumbnail" views, rather than only when viewed individually or when hovered over.

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2015, 08:24:04 am »

I would like to see two new ways to initiate a "Run Auto-Import Now".

• 1) From within Theater View. Maybe out of the way under the Gadgets menu.
  • 2) From JRemote on my phone or tablet.

I leave JRiver in Theater View 99% of the time. Most of the times I fetch the keyboard and get into desktop mode are when I know I have recently added some media, but it hasn't been imported yet. I know if I wait long enough it will import (auto folder watch/scan), but it seems to take its time in doing this, particularly if I'm watching something. I'd love to be able to initiate the auto-import from my remote in Theater View, and from my phone.

And while we're at it

• 3) I'd like to be able to initiate this from another computer that is remotely connected to my main library.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2015, 09:07:03 am »

per the attached photo, can we arrange so that the car radio tab's stay highlighted as long as they are the source of the current music playing. It seems to disappear for no reason now. Is nice to have the reminder of what is the source.
Also add highlighting to the play lists as a reminder. For those who let the list play for long periods of time, this is nice.

Another item. for more than 15 years now I have been refining and developing a standardized format for track listings to make all box sets naturally sort them selves out, etc. There is a total of about 4600 CD's involved. I could "dump" the entire collection into the data base, but I don't think that is in the responsible sprit of not clogging up the system of shared data. It seems like a specialized playlist could be developed would compare the entire local collection or a selected part of it to the data base to determine if entries and art work already exist and the use knows if the it is worth making the entry or not.

Sorry, but I keep repeating myself about this item. Most all my play lists run to over 11,000 tracks. Soooo.. I need to be able to pick up where I left off at when I change to a different list. The last place I want to start at is the beginning of each list.

Thanks and regards, Harroun, BKK, Thailand

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2015, 09:40:59 am »

Quote from: mattkhan
Provide an expression debugger so you can understand why your expression isn't working. I suspect this particularly applies to search filters.

A simple implementation might be to show all records with an extra column that contains a pretty print of the 1st failing predicate.

Just a +1 from the too easy thread...this suddenly would be extremely useful :)

It got me thinking, the users (especially super users) provide a lot of the forum help as well as making MC do stuff that even the devs didn't think of....stuff like a debugger would jump a few of us humble users up higher and keep the cycle going

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2015, 09:50:50 am »

per the attached photo, can we arrange so that the car radio tab's stay highlighted as long as they are the source of the current music playing. It seems to disappear for no reason now. Is nice to have the reminder of what is the source.
As with the last time this was brought up, I don't like this idea, since the Car Radio buttons are not modal.
You don't click a Car Radio button to start playing your "Folk" playlist, and click it a second time to disable it and return to the previous "Playing Now" list.
Clicking the Car Radio button simply loads a playlist or smartlist.

I do agree that some way to resume playlists would be a nice feature, though I'm not sure what the best way to handle that would be.
It would have to only apply to playlists and not smartlists, and I suppose there would have to be a global preference (resume on/off by default) with a per-playlist override so that certain playlists will always/never resume.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2015, 10:47:30 am »

Sorry to bother you on the car radio thing.

Definitely the continue play thing has to be selective locally, currently I have 14 play lists for listening to music and 104 lists for purely maintenance purposes and not listening. These I don't want to start playing when doing my maintenance.

In the past I did my own programing, so now am getting set up to see what luck I can have within your system. If this work, I will leave you alone. Maybe I could end up with something to share. 15 years in retirement and refining the system must have produced some useful things

Regards, Harroun

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2015, 11:42:57 am »

Global search option in regex expressions.

designmule

• World Citizen
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2015, 02:09:04 pm »

QOS priority tagging

burne

• Recent member
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2015, 02:32:13 am »

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2015, 03:11:01 am »

What I desire most is probably not available:  The ability to rip DSD from an SACD and have JRiver play it back in what ever PCM sampling rate I want.

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2015, 04:48:00 am »

Add access control for all sorts of clients (including JRiver MC itself, WebGozmo / Gozmo and JRemote):

- Allow locking the database for certain clients (should include the differentiation between different IPs / IP networks),
i.e. some clients shall have READ ONLY access for certain parts of the library or READ ONLY for the full library so that they cannot accidentially delete or modify anything

- restrict access to movies, series, pictures etc.: some files / library entries shall be completely HIDDEN from the view on the library for specific clients so that they never will be able to see or access them

Granting these rights shall be fully configurable so that one can specify access groups and specific access use cases along with the access rights associated with them.

It shall be possible e.g. to have multiple WebGizmo access groups so that one user does have read only access and does not see the full library but another user has read+write access and sees yet another part of the library.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2015, 04:51:15 am »

One of the major missing features is a custom printer report generator.  Some way to take any view, customise and prettify it for printing...

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2015, 06:43:46 am »

I would like this issue resolved in the next version

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93277.msg678839

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2015, 07:51:41 am »

I want the feature to play from a DLNA server from JRiver on another JRiver (low power client).

Reason is that the client JRiver maybe is not strong in computing power, but the server.

Currently I use foobar with upnp plugin for that, but it would be nice to use JRiver in this application.

BR
Erich

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2015, 09:02:15 am »

I want the feature to play from a DLNA server from JRiver on another JRiver (low power client).
MC works as both DLNA Server and Renderer, so you do this now.  Please start a thread if you need help.  The wiki's DLNA topic would be a good place to start.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2015, 11:08:24 am »

More features accessible from  within Theater View such as a "Force Import button"
Shutdown button on main Theaterview screen instead of in a menu

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2015, 12:30:36 pm »

One of the major missing features is a custom printer report generator.  Some way to take any view, customise and prettify it for printing...

Export to .csv works pretty good...I couldn't imagine any report not being in Excel
But I wouldn't complain if the reporting options were a bit easier / more of them
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up