INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 133886 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Future MC21 Feature Requests
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2015, 06:11:06 pm »

I think my post was lost, but +1 to loading external Parametric EQ files.
Is there an existing format which would make sense, or would it be better to have JRiver-defined format?

And for that matter, I found it odd that most sections of DSP Studio let you save/load presets, while the Parametric EQ does not.
I recently set up an EQ for my headphones, but I then had to manually recreate it across four other zones.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2015, 06:31:36 pm »

I would love to have a way to easily enlarge the font size in Standard View from within JRiver itself. This would be for the times I am listening to music and working on playlists, ratings etc. Right now I do this in front of my PC monitor but would like to be able to do it from my easy chair which is where I listen. Problem is the font is too small to see on my TV from there.
Thanks
Dave
On some skins, you can do View > Size.

In MC's options, you can do Tree & View > Fonts.

For use from the couch, nothing beats Theater View.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2015, 07:26:18 pm »

When using the convert format option - include the ability use JRiver's rename utility to alter the name of output file.  This would be especially helpful when converting particles to individual files

thx

Steve

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2015, 07:49:34 pm »

Easier method of  Switching User Accounts.

MilkDrop2 visualization built into the program.

Vu-Meters

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2015, 08:06:21 pm »

With supported skins (most/all of the stock skins) you can use the View > Size options which scale up the entire UI.
There are also font options if you search for it in the options menu. (scales text only, may break UI elements)

Thank you for your help.. FYI, View > Size doesn't make the font larger no matter the skin, but does enlarge everything else. Going into options and bumping up the font size did the trick for me!

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2015, 10:06:52 pm »

On some skins, you can do View > Size.

In MC's options, you can do Tree & View > Fonts.

For use from the couch, nothing beats Theater View.
I do use theater view when I just want to listen, but I don't know how to add to or create playlists from there. Standard view is what works for me but I don't like to get up and head to the pc when I hear something that I want to add to or tag, or rate etc.

Ekpen

Re: [REQ] [General] 64-bit Builds
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:28 pm »

I've been thinking about this for a bit, since it is certainly true - playback of 4K material from UHD Blu-rays would *greatly* benefit from this, right now even making the difference between playable or not playable, and even though large-scale consumer adoption is probably still a year away or so...

I wonder how much effort there really would be here. No promises, but we'll try to keep an open mind.
Its not as simple as building MC for the new platform, unfortunately.

I already have 4k Samsung. I am gradually phasing out  old tvs in the house to be replaced with 4k models.
Though my internet speed has gone up, I get poor video playback when streaming from  MC. It buffers with 1080P video especially when there are fast moving images and lots of images on the screen, example Blu ray Celine Dion - Live in Vegas, or Lionel Richie Live in Paris.. They are barely watchable.

George

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2015, 10:25:20 pm »

#1  As it is now, only items, series, seasons, albums and artists can have a cover. If I want to group my movie library by genre with a nice display of all genres like here, I hit the Not-Possible-In-MC-Wall.
If i want to have a good looking Theater-View that does more than displaying just text in the upper levels, I hit again the Not-Possible-In-MC-Wall.
This isn't some exotic feature. This is a basic feature I expect from every MC-like application and according how often I have seen this feature request, other people seem to expect the same.
I don't expect JRiver to provide covers for tags like genre, media type, sub media type, etc. although it would be nice. But I definitely want to have the ability to add covers myself by placing them into %appdata%/J River/Media Center 21/Cover Art/<tagname>/<tagvalue>.jpg for any tag, even custom ones.
I can't imagine that this is so difficult to implement, since it has been done 4 times already and must just be implemented in a more generalized way.

#2 Everyone like to have his movie library sorted correctly. As it is now, there is no easy way to do this if movies have sequels. I have several movies where the name prevents clean ordering like: Alien, Alien:Resurrection, Alien3, Aliens. The second and fourth should be swapped to get the correct ordering.
I would like to select those movies, right click, choose Library Tools-->"Add to New Universe" so that a new window will pop up where I can configure universe name (e.g. Alien) and the correct order of all selected titles.
This movie should be linked together and appear one behind the other even if other movies would intersect them alphabetically.
E.g. somewhere in my libray there is the movie "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" which is the second part of the AVP-Universe. Fiveteen movies later there is the movie "AVP: Alien vs Predator" which is the first part. Note that these unideal naming was not my idea, but that of TMDB.
After specifying that they are in the same universe and configuring the correct order the movie "AVP: Alien vs Predator" should appear at the same position as before (at the alphabetic correct position). But the second part "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" should not appear at the alphabetic correct position, but directly after "AVP: Alien vs Predator".
Of course there should be an option in the "Customize View" menu to enable/disable this behavior.

#3 Automatic scraping of tv-series and movie information is an important part of any MC-like application. Unfortunately MC has fallen back behind its competition.
For series information, where TVDB is used I would like to be able to select other languages as well, if they are available. Ideally it should be possible to configure a default language and use English as fall back language if the default language is not available. I have seen this request multiple times (and it is very easy to implement it)
TVDB also provides different orders (Aired Order | DVD Order). Some series have different orders, e.g. Firefly. The aired order of Firefly is the incorrect one and will result in a lot of confusion. This order was created, because the original pilot was too boring and the tv-channel wanted the first episode to be more exciting. Unfortunately MC grabs the aired order from TVDB. The user can't do anything. He can either live with the wrong order or with the wrong info attached to the episodes. I think it should be possible to choose an order.
For movie information, it should also be possible to select a preferred language. Additional TMDB provides most times several cover arts. MC always chooses the one with the best critic score, but I think the user should be able to choose any of the available covers when retrieving the information of a single movie. This selection should be remembered, if the same movie is scraped again.

#4 It is still not possible to jump/pause/resume with DLNA when MC has to transcode the video. Without these basic controls the transcoding feature makes almost no sense.
If this problem is solved, selecting subtitles and audio streams should also be implemented.
It doesn't matter if DLNA supports it, you can always hardcode the subs while transcoding and sending another audio streams without informing the DLNA Client.

#5 This one
Right now the treshold that is used to choose wether to scale down the original image or to scale up/down the thumbnail image is configured too big.
This means by changing a single value this problem could be fixed.

I would like to have some feedback on this feature request, wether the can/cannot/will/won't be implemented and where the problems are if they exist.
I'm using MC now for 2 iterations and have only seen 2 useful improvements (new more modern icons; season cover art). Especially the improvements in appearence and scraping are almost non-existent.
The last version of MC was feature-wise very poor, maybe because of the improvements in the linux and mac versions. I hope this behaviour changes with version 21 or it will be my last.

Ekpen

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2015, 10:27:04 pm »

Vu-Meters

+1
George

Aimzicle

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2015, 11:47:22 pm »

Vu-Meters

+1!!!  ;D

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

I've been on about this one for a while as well. I'd like to see the ability to save PEQ independent of the other settings like you mention. It would also be nice to be able to copy/paste within the PEQ blocks. I like the idea of having an export/import option too. It would also be nice to see filter Q in the PEQ filter list. While I'm at it.......having high and low pass filters with with an adjustable Q would be cool. I think Thuneau Allocator does this IIRC. All pass filters could be useful as well.
A custom biquad option would be handy

packux

• Recent member

I'm definitely +1 for this.  Being able to read in filters (of any kind) from an external source would be great; being able to output existing filters to a human readable file would be equally amazing.  This (with a little user-scripting) would dramatically improve interoperability with filter generation programs.  For example, if a friend needs help generating EQ and sends me a measurement, I can calculate what he needs and send him back a list of filters that he needs to enter by hand.  If this functionality were in MC, I could send him a pre-formatted file that he could just point JRiver to.

The current save/load DSP functionality is helpful for certain applications, but applies to all DSP settings everywhere with no way to "focus" it (to just PEQ), and it stores things in a hidden non-readable format/location, so you have no way to get settings in from outside and no idea what you're loading before you load it.

Anything that makes it easier to initially load and/or export specific banks of PEQ settings would be exciting to me.  I'm pretty sure a few other folks (mojave?) asked for something similar in the past as well.

+1 On this for me as well.

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2015, 04:14:09 am »

Slightly modified repost from previous thread:

Audiobook (or other similar albums that have multiple cd's without any specific track names) ripping ”mode” where artist, album, track name and other fields are set once (e.g. "Remember/Lock fields" or something like that), and when the next cd is inserted, previously set fields are copied with counting cd number with leading zero, and/or with leading tracknumber.

Example of single image ripping using folder structure: Artist\Year - Album\Tracknumber. Title CD 0

Fields:
Artist name: ”Mark Twain”
Album name: ”Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”
Year: ”1885”
Genre: ”audiobook”

Resulting folder structure & filenames would be: Mark Twain\1885 - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn\01. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn CD 01.mp3, 02. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn CD 02.mp3 etc.

Less folder structure and filename cleaning, and typing.

PS. Option to not include accompanying cue files when using single image ripping method.

natehansen66

• World Citizen

A custom biquad option would be handy

Actually yeah that would be good. IIRC there are spreadsheets out there for calculating the various filters.

Maybe we could import/export as biquads? That way they could be used with other DSPs that support that and it would be a universal format. That might be difficult to integrate with the current PEQ though.....

burne

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2015, 05:27:14 am »

I wouldlike à MC21 with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X support.

A FIR(linear filter)easy to use.

please, not mix subwoofer with LFE, is not the same thing.

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests: Remap Tags
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2015, 05:52:01 am »

Many audio players on mobile device group tracks with artist field. They didn't use the "Album Artist" field.

Can you implement a functionality that remap tags when MC send file to the device.

Example: "Album Artist" to "Artist"

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests: Tag Editor
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2015, 05:56:27 am »

Can you implement a low level tag editor to view/edit the tags wrote from other player/tag editor?

Thx

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2015, 06:01:37 am »

Allow particles to be created by Chapters - MrC worked pretty hard on getting this working with some hacks using Python but with his absence there is no way to maintain it
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2015, 06:25:39 am »

Customisable (or flexible) Video Transcoding Profiles that would allow for
- Finer grained control of Streaming over various bandwidth links
- Removes the need to use 3rd party tools to batch convert videos (aka Handbrake) for portable playback etc
- Remuxing selected streams without transcoding, and also be available as a Rip option eg (MakeMKV for BD to MKV)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2015, 06:26:34 am »

...and if this does not get me banned!

Whole house in sync audio playback  ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2015, 06:30:56 am »

JRiver CEO Elect

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 06:41:02 am »

Ease of use

- A search field at each Pane fields, discarding things as we type. (Panes are really cumbersome without this feature, when we have added 100 or more data at each pane. It is difficult to find for example Singers without it because some are written with the first name first others with the lastname and all these if we remembered both the first and the last name).

- I wish I could also search through my playlists, by discarting playlists as I typed.

Services

- The ability to auto-download videos from pre-specified Youtube channels and playlists

Thank you for considering :)

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Feature Requests: Tag Editor
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2015, 06:44:55 am »

Can you implement a low level tag editor to view/edit the tags wrote from other player/tag editor?
That should work now.

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2015, 08:12:27 am »

Hi,

in v21 I want to see:

- scraping movie information in languages other then english (e.g. german)
- all DSP functions available in DLNA
- a possibility to control with the PC something via RS232 (sending cotrol commands for e.g. receiver, screen control (16:9 or 2,35:1 command for motor control), light,...)
  depending on movie tag informations or the status of the programm

BR
Erich

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2015, 10:18:16 am »

A re-edit of some of my current ideas.

A right click context menu setup for a cover art slideshow based of the currently playing albums folder (with options for sub folders - /art/images/coverart), and with the option to have the rotated reflection effect (with quality setting).  All on the right click context menu when right clicking over the cover image (standard view).  A cover art slideshow from the currently playing album folder - rotated reflection effect. when the trk changes to another album, so does the slideshow... and so on.

This could also have options to change the speed of transition, not just one but two options here. Long and short transition times and a chaos factor option as well to mix up between long and short image transitions.

Option to not auto play when changing the 'car radio' playlists.  If left ON by default it should not interfere with anyone who wants auto play.  Nice to have the option to turn off or some other states.  I had not considered other states just on and off, but other options could be worked out for semi-auto play depending upon conditions maybe.

When changing playlists, and or starting MC up - to scroll down and highlight the last playing file (and options around this, inc type of highlight and colours).  An easy in UI way of doing this.  What I find it does do currently upon car radio playlist change is it plays the first track in the playlist and sort of scrolls down to the area where the last track was played in that list.

A wave form seek bar/scrub window, similar to soundcloud.  Not separate by default but enabled to fit (dock) nicely above the playlist buttons in standard view (just below cover art)  or for that matter just above the cover art, or anywhere on the standard view (maybe). This could if one wanted to replacing the timeline altogether (optional),  replacing with a waveform seek/scrub section.  

With quality/graphics options to optimise and refine for those with more gpu power.  Smoothing, anti-aliasing to the point it almost looks soft focus.  You know, just good graphics ideas we could build on.

I would actually love to have an all in one 'soundcloud' type waveform seekbar option to play with.  Integrated into standard view either in the same place as the timeline is now.  And other options for placement/detachment.

Option to back up to a 2nd location as well as the default one at the same time.  As and when jriver does it auto backing up.

The audio path does not show blue (direct) for the skin Black on Black.   Could this be updated please.

Could the dark skins like Black on Black support the 'Size' option where possible please.    Not sure if these are in house or user created.  Black on Black being my main skin at the moment.  We all use so many different options for viewing these days, and scaling.  So surely skins should now take advantage of all the scaling options in JRiver.

Thank you, Black on Black has the size option now.  

It would be good to see some more in house dark, grey, skins for larger TVs in dimmed rooms and night time of course.   The skin shown by this user is a good one:  HERE   but is not willing to share it Sad

Some new black and dark grey skins by in-house which bundle with the software.  new UI designs for large TV screens in dim rooms for people wanting easy on the eyes dim and night time UI's.  I'm a night owl and up all night with a large plasma screen, so all dark and grey everything suits my eyes.

Old and new style VU meters able to pop out the GUI of a VST plugin.

I've got the VU meters suggested in the other recent same sort of request thread:  http://www.lsraudio.com/lvlmeter.html  Where someone mentioned looking into a detached window, either from the main UI or from DSP studio.

Would be great to be able to have these display in there own detached window, without always having to open DSP studio.  

Maybe there are two ideas here.  One is to have VST VU's be able to detach from DSP studio and float anywhere without the need to have DSP studio main window open.

And second,  to maybe have in-house VST VU meters as floating window options for JRiver down the line.  I've not really found a good selection of good VU meters.  The one from the link above. And ideas based off the photo in this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96388.msg664704#msg664704

I mean the software is a player, it has volume control so I thought why not also offer 1-5 (old and new) VU meters bundled in.  To enhance the visual impact of using JRiver without needing more 3rd party stuff. And right there in a detached borderless window, and also integrated into standard view somewhere if that option was checked.  Just a thought for the future.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

flac.rules

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2015, 12:20:21 pm »

Remote:

1. It would be nice to be able to add delays to remote commands that are shorter than 1 second, 1 second is a long time if you just need to send several commands after each other, but no delay is too quick.

2. Ability to add keyboard commands consisting of several key-presses, not just a single one in the remote menu.

3. Ability to activate MCC-commands directly in the remote-options, as a command. (easier than invoking a MCC command via running an exe)

4. The ability to add conditionals to remote commands, the same way as for instance the zone-switch-function..

Subtitles/transcoding:

5. The ability to add the subtitles (if present) from the original, to the transcoded MP4-file during transcoding.

6. The option to perform some volume normalization to make dialogue easier to hear on planes and so on during transcoding.

7. The ability to shift subtitles further down than 30%, many movies are 1:2.35 I want to use the black bar area to show subtitles on a 16:9 display.

Other stuff:

8. Easier custom keyboard-shortcuts, maybe in the remote menu? That is the ability to set it in the program, not by manipulating a file.

9. It would be nice for the JRiver-icons for pictures, videos and music to be different in windows explorer, its somewhat annoying to browse the files and not easily be able to see the difference between a movie and its cover art file for instance.

10. Have playlists be able to be tagged, have a star-rating and so on. I would for instance like to star the playlist that contains an album, but not each individual song in the album should be starred and/or have the same rating.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2015, 01:03:46 pm »

Not sure if this is possible, but add iheartradio integration...

stewart_pk

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2015, 08:33:47 pm »

Already been discussed, won't happen.

Discussed where and when? (3D)

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2015, 10:03:39 pm »

Discussed where and when? (3D)

Assuming you're talking about 3D Blu-Ray (and Blu-Ray menu) support one of the many recent discussions can be found here. There's legal issues, licensing issues, DRM, etc. when dealing with Blu-Ray unfortunately which prevents this currently as you probably already know from posting in that topic.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Requests - URL Address Bar
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2015, 10:15:57 pm »

I'm expecting this to be a simple one (either that or I've completely missed it) - include a URL address bar so that sites can be copy pasta'd into MC. Maybe make it switchable?

It would make navigation to YouTube and media streaming sites really easy.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:08 pm »

Here's a good thread regarding the Blu-Ray stuff: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91172.0
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

tourix

• Recent member
Feature request: Selective DSD bitstreaming and selective DSD encoding
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2015, 12:40:32 am »

Hello,

Let me copy and paste this feature request I first posted for MC19:

For people who have a DAC supporting DSD64, but not DSD128, it would be great to be able to select bit streaming for DSD64 only, but not for DSD128. Currently, there is only one "DSD" check box applying to both DSD64 and DSD128.

Ideally, it should be possible to bit stream DSD64 (either with DoP or natively), but send DSD128 to the MC processor. This way, DSD128 could get converted to PCM and re-encoded as DSD64 for output to the DAC (either with DoP or natively) or sent as PCM to the DAC (maybe after down sampling).

Also, it would be great to be able to select DSD encoding (DSD64 or DSD128) depending on the sample frequency, and not globally. This would allow DSD64 encoding for a sample rate of 705.6KHz (result of DSD128 to PCM), thereby effectively downsampling DSD128 to DSD64, while still bit streaming DSD64.

Thanks!

tom539

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2015, 06:34:02 am »

How about an integration of loosless streaming services (e.g. Qobuz or Tidal)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2015, 06:44:50 am »

I moved some 3D posts to a new thread.

Please don't start (or continue) discussion in this thread.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2015, 07:51:31 am »

#2 Everyone like to have his movie library sorted correctly. As it is now, there is no easy way to do this if movies have sequels. I have several movies where the name prevents clean ordering like: Alien, Alien:Resurrection, Alien3, Aliens. The second and fourth should be swapped to get the correct ordering.
I would like to select those movies, right click, choose Library Tools-->"Add to New Universe" so that a new window will pop up where I can configure universe name (e.g. Alien) and the correct order of all selected titles.
This movie should be linked together and appear one behind the other even if other movies would intersect them alphabetically.
E.g. somewhere in my libray there is the movie "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" which is the second part of the AVP-Universe. Fiveteen movies later there is the movie "AVP: Alien vs Predator" which is the first part. Note that these unideal naming was not my idea, but that of TMDB.
After specifying that they are in the same universe and configuring the correct order the movie "AVP: Alien vs Predator" should appear at the same position as before (at the alphabetic correct position). But the second part "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" should not appear at the alphabetic correct position, but directly after "AVP: Alien vs Predator".
Of course there should be an option in the "Customize View" menu to enable/disable this behavior.

I use Series for this exact purpose.  I assign 'one-off' movies a series which matches their movie name (this may not be necessary any longer, but I continue to do it for completeness sake), I assign 'universe' movies all the same series name.  i.e. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Godfather, Avengers, etc.

Then in my views, I set sorting by Series, Date, and it puts them in order by Series name, sorted by release date.  This puts Episode 4 before Episode 1 in Star Wars, which is the way I prefer to see them, but you could assign track numbers to them, and sort by Series, Track #, Date and 'fix' this if you were so inclined (it will ignore empty track numbers for your other movies).

Anyway, this accomplishes exactly what you're after, I believe
pretend this is something funny

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2015, 07:54:50 am »

Here's a some things that I already requested for past versions; I hope I'll be more lucky this time... ;)

- improved lyrics support. Mini lyrics plugin does a good job but having an integrated support in MC for viewing and downloading lyrics would be the best way.
- "Liner Notes" button that lets you show digital booklet (pdf or images slideshow) in standard and theatre view
- conversion from DSD to DST compressed files
- Accurate Rip support  for audio ripping and a tool for already ripped files to check ripping errors with Accurate Rip (I've seen this feature in Illustrate Perfect Tunes)
- integrate Album Art Downloader to easier get good cover art

+1 for
sidecar files for SACD iso and dff files and integration for lossless streaming services

Bye!

Andrea

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2015, 08:12:18 am »

Please consider the two attached files for changers.

In the photo you can see with long album titles it is difficult to select the correct one as they are truncated. Either wider window or a "stretchable one".

In the other one, please add the drop down menus. especially for genre as spelling and typos make a mess of the sorting abilities. This particularly applies when ripping many CD's.

A small prod, I am praying that "resume last play" will be implement for all play lists and the car radio buttons. This is a huge improvement in the listening pleasure for audio music files when very long lists are present.

Thanks and regards, Harroun
Bangkok, Thailand

flac.rules

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2015, 09:14:34 am »

Here's a some things that I already requested for past versions; I hope I'll be more lucky this time... ;)

- improved lyrics support. Mini lyrics plugin does a good job but having an integrated support in MC for viewing and downloading lyrics would be the best way.

Yeah, Improved lyrics support would be great.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:16 am »

Please consider the two attached files for changers.

In the first build of MC21:
Changed: Made the search suggestions a little wider and fixed the sizing to account for high DPI.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2015, 09:29:34 am »

Heavily edited for content...
#1  As it is now, only items, series, seasons, albums and artists can have a cover.
#3 Automatic scraping of tv-series and movie information is an important part of any MC-like application. Unfortunately MC has fallen back behind its competition.
#4 It is still not possible to jump/pause/resume with DLNA when MC has to transcode the video. Without these basic controls the transcoding feature makes almost no sense.
If this problem is solved, selecting subtitles and audio streams should also be implemented.
It doesn't matter if DLNA supports it, you can always hardcode the subs while transcoding and sending another audio streams without informing the DLNA Client.

I would like to have some feedback on this feature request, wether the can/cannot/will/won't be implemented and where the problems are if they exist.
The last version of MC was feature-wise very poor, maybe because of the improvements in the linux and mac versions. I hope this behaviour changes with version 21 or it will be my last.

#1 - Agreed.  The 'Series' cover art functionality needs to be expanded to allow cover art for any display level, not just for TV view and not just for the Series tag.  This would really improve the look/feel of Theater View.

#2 - It is fairly easy to get your content to sort any way you want today.  If you have specific issues here, it would be best to start a separate post on this to get advice/help.

#3 - Agreed that the scraping could be massively improved.

#4 - Agreed that the trans-coding options are limited.  Pretty sure that MC is trying to 'keep it simple' here but there should be advanced controls for those who need them.

As to your final comments, demands for explanations, and other non-constructive negative comments in the post - they pretty much negate the good points/value in the post. Just human nature that anyone from JRiver reading your post will focus more on those parts than the really good ideas that are also in there.

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2015, 10:20:09 am »

I'll second Dolby Atmos and DTS-X support!!!!  8) ;D

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2015, 10:21:45 am »

I'll second Dolby Atmos and DTS-X support!!!!  8) ;D

You can bitstream Dolby Atmos to a Atmos-compatible receiver. The same may be possible for DTS-X eventually, when/if we ever see it.
Don't expect much else, they are very protective of those formats.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2015, 10:34:40 am »

You can bitstream Dolby Atmos to a Atmos-compatible receiver. The same may be possible for DTS-X eventually, when/if we ever see it.
10-4...never hurt's to ask though :)

meloman

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:52 am »

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2015, 12:08:04 pm »

Waveform Seekbar

I like this.  I've had it on my request list for a while also.  #4 in my list on this page: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98627.msg683176#msg683176
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: [REQ] [Import] Support folder lists for auto-import rules
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2015, 01:01:06 pm »

Maintaining auto-import rules can become quite a laborious process when you are importing from several drives/locations.
Rather than having several duplicate rules to manage:

• C:\Video
  • D:\Video
  • E:\Video
  • F:\Video
  • G:\Video
  • H:\Video

It would be considerably easier if a single rule could apply to a list of folders:

• "C:\Video; D:\Video; E:\Video; F:\Video; G:\Video; H:\Video"

Then any changes only need to be made once to the rule, instead of being repeated.
This would reduce the number of edits I have to make any time I change my rules from something like 14 to 4 in my setup.

+1

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »

What's more, it should be possible to set up ZoneSwitch to effectively switch to bitstreaming for ATMOS and DTS:X if you prefer to decode in MC for all other formats. It might be nice if LAV/MC could detect ATMOS and DTS:X (eventually) and put this in the [Compression], to base the ZoneSwitch rule from, but it can be done in custom fields right now.

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »

Is it possible to add a remote navigation system to the default view? For example you could navigate through panes with left/right buttons. In panes with up/down buttons. OK button for right click sub-menu. up/down/OK for sub-menu. Exit for back?

MellowVelo

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2015, 05:52:34 pm »

It would be awesome to have the WDM feature implemented on the Mac version. What's the chance that we'll see this happen?

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2015, 06:37:55 pm »

Someone had this in "Too Easy" but I don't think it can be done in an hour.

However, it has been requested many times before, and it is a feature of some freeware TV software:

* A notification system that is equivalent to the "Recording" red light on the front of DVRs or VCRs.

One freeware package has this as a small utility that can be run on any client PC and uses a specific port.

However, most of us MC20 TV users would gladly settle for a Red Dot in a Tray Icon AND mouseover showing a tray tip balloon with the Channel and program name (the latter feature would be needed to prevent later disappointment "What ? It did not record the big game but recorded Sesame Street instead??" :D )

In general, the feature allows you to verify that favorite programs are indeed recording.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up