INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: start up minimised  (Read 2428 times)

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
start up minimised
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:44 pm »

would like a feature that enables media centre to start up minimised on windows startup. Also, when minimise to system tray is enabled the ability to minimise on media centre close (X) and not actually close. reason being, be helpful when using media centre for the WDM driver, having media center on at all times in the background.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: start up minimised
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:23:07 pm »

In options for startup, tell MC to run Media Server on Windows start.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »

yep, got that, but like it to start minimised.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:38:25 pm »

yep, got that, but like it to start minimised.

MC20.exe /startMin

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 08:40:38 pm »

would like a feature that enables media centre to start up minimised on windows startup.
20.0.120 (6/17/2015)
13. NEW: The Launcher takes the command /StartMin to start the program minimized.

So set the option to start MC server in MC Options, then add a MC icon into the Windows Startup group with the /StartMin parameter.

Also, when minimise to system tray is enabled the ability to minimise on media centre close (X) and not actually close.
I know some applications do override the Close action on clicking [X], and just minimise, but don't you want to be able to actually close MC when required? I know I do. Just click the [-] instead of the [X], and MC will minimise to the System Tray.

reason being, be helpful when using media centre for the WDM driver, having media center on at all times in the background.
Doesn't the WDM Driver still work with just the MC Server running? I haven't actually tested that, but I thought it did. If so, as long as MC Server is set to start with Windows, all should be good.

Doh! Doubting Thomas beat me.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

yes! windows startup - media server, works with background WDM enabled! so above requests no longer needed! thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up