INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link Tracks doesn't keep all linked tracks together  (Read 850 times)

Gork

• Recent member
Link Tracks doesn't keep all linked tracks together
« on: July 11, 2015, 03:46:56 am »

I finally got around to installing v20.  The feature I was most looking forward to was "Link Tracks."  I quickly learned that if I link three tracks together (I'll just call them 1, 2 and 3 for ease of discussion) and double click on 1 in the library to add it to the playing now window all three tracks get added, in order.  Perfect!  However, if I double click on 2 only 2 & 3 get added.  And if I double click on 3 only 3 gets added.

I would have assumed if all three are linked together then no matter which track I double clicked on all three would be added to playing now.  The whole reason I want them linked is so they always play together and in order.

I did some searching in the forums and noted this was brought up in the v20 announcement thread but I didn't find anything since.  It appears there is one link field which only points to the next track in the link, so if three tracks are linked the third track doesn't have anything in the link field.  Perhaps there should be two link fields so jrmc knows both what the prior and next track in any linked sequence is this could be accomplished.  Or is there a reason (beyond making programming the feather easier) it wasn't set up so all linked songs always play together no matter which one you click on?
Pages: [1]   Go Up