INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 LAV Filters + AMD 6310 (E350) + HDPVR  (Read 5400 times)

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
MC20 LAV Filters + AMD 6310 (E350) + HDPVR
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:32:18 am »

Hi,
I've upgraded MC19 to MC20 yesterday and my television is broken now.

1. At standard settings (red october standard, hw video acceleration on) tv video is very slow and lag a lot behind audio.
2. At custom video settings and selected custom video decoder to old system's lav video decoder (0.58 or similar, I don't remember now) TV had worked OK again, but I broke that by installing newer lav filters to the system because I was curious what will happened. The worst thing is that after reinstalled older lav filters I have now black screen when running tv, all menus works but timer shows 00:00. This happens for any lav filters version other than 0.65.
3. I tried to run MC19 again and with older lav filters but tv there doesn't work anymore too - only black screen and timer at 00:00. :(
4. When 0.65 is installed in system then there is picture and timer starts but video is slow just like when I use red october standard with built in lav filters.
5. Other non-live videos works just fine incl. full hd blu-rays, h.264 mkv etc.

The system is Win 7 32bit. Please help, I have no tv now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 LAV Filters + AMD 6310 (E350) + HDPVR = PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:48:20 am »

Try turning hardware acceleration off.

Try setting video to Red October Standard.  Don't customize or add filters unless that works.

Power down and back up.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC20 LAV Filters + AMD 6310 (E350) + HDPVR
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:56:12 am »

Unfortunately it still doesn't work... and since yesterday after several reboots, reinstalls of lav filters, amd graphics drivers, now also mkv h.264 videos totally freeze MC20... I'll try to uninstall all MC versions (18,19,20) and LAV filters, reboot and I'll try to install latest MC again...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:01:03 am »

Don't forget the video driver.  Problems like this can be caused by or solved by updating drivers.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 04:20:29 am »

I uninstalled all versions of MC and LAV filters, powered off/on htpc. Then I have installed just MC20 (and no standalone LAV filters) and still live tv picture is very slow and lags behind audio. :( Also some video files totally freeze MC20 while displaying "Locating...".  :-\ I have latest amd drivers installed already, bitstreaming on and hw video acceleration on.

EDIT: I installed standalone LAV filters 0.65 and set it as custom video decoder to check active decoder and it is avcodec although DXVA2 Native is available. Changing hw decoder to none and back to dxva2 does not changing active decoder. Is it normal?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:25 am »

I think the problem is just the setup of your HD PVR not the video card. Can you provide the exact make/model of your HDPVR?

There are some threads discussing setup difficulties with some of the PVRs brands. I have the Hauppauge Colossus, which seems to be stable (replaced by Colossus 2). I've read some of the other models (see the HD PVR2 thread) are harder to get setup.

Also, you should not be messing with the LAV filters. The creator of LAV is employed by JRiver so you know that JRiver has the current stable version. I would remove everything LAV (go to Users/UserName/AppData/Roaming/J River/Media Center 20/plugins/LAV. Delete the LAV folder and restart computer and then JRiver. Start a movie and let LAV download and install fresh. 0.65 is the current  version for JRiver.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:08:35 pm »

Everything worked fine before I updated from MC19 to MC20. TV works fine in bundled TotalMedia Extreme, so it's not HDPVR issue. I have first version of Hauppauge HD PVR. I know Hendrik is employed by JRiver.  Also I found ealier some incompatibility/bugs with my hw setup (fixed later). I deleted everything in c:\Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\J River\ before reinstalling MC20. Is there anything else I should check out?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »

This is tough.

It does sounds like a compatibility issue between LAV and your video driver.

Have you tried turning VideoClock on or off?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:48 am »

Thanks for a hint Yaobing!!!
Videoclock does not help BUT I figured out that:

1. Latest AMD APU video driver (15.7) is incompatible with old LAV (at least on AMD 6310)
2. Latest AMD APU video driver (15.7) cause "locating..." issue/freeze with h.264 files
3. Latest LAV (0.65) does not use DXVA2 for live TV on AMD 6310 / E-350
4. Old AMD video driver (13.12) and old LAV (0.58) could provide smooth live tv video when HW deinterlacing method is lowered at Catalyst Control Center, but still there are some audio/video glitches.  Unfortunately I don't remember now which versions I had used with MC19 where everything was smooth. I have to find out the best version of video driver and LAV for my hardware.

Anyway it would be great if newer LAV could use DXVA2 for live TV on AMD 6310...

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 09:47:29 am »

Here is Hendrik's advice:

Not using AMD hardware usually helps. Their stuff isn't very good.

Jokes aside, please test the this special build of LAV that Hendrik made.

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.65-2-g88dce5d.zip

just overwrite the files in MC's plugin folder (C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Plugins\lav)

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:00 am »

Here is Hendrik's advice:

Not using AMD hardware usually helps. Their stuff isn't very good.

That's true, I remember my frustration when their drivers had broken HDMI Audio few years ago and their support pretended nothing was wrong, but NVIDA had its issues too and Intel was long way behind...

Jokes aside, please test the this special build of LAV that Hendrik made.

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.65-2-g88dce5d.zip

just overwrite the files in MC's plugin folder (C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Plugins\lav)

It WORKS!!!! Thank you very much!!!  ;D :-* :) Now I just have to find better video driver to get rid of glitches.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:43 am »

Thanks for testing, the new version will be integrated into the next build.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up