INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Who playlist in recent albums  (Read 1774 times)

wildcrafter

• Recent member
Dr. Who playlist in recent albums
« on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:18 am »

Is it the way it is supposed to work, that all the songs in the playlist I downloaded ended up in recent albums? I had deleted the playlists after trying it out, but the next time I logged in I got dire messages about Media Center not shutting down properly and backup libraries. I deleted all the Dr. Who songs from my library and I thought everything was back to "normal", but I had lost two cd's from my library. It could of been worse. I like the idea of a Media Center stream, but this seems like a pitfall. I'm wary of anything with a "buy" option. I've disabled Dr. Who for now. Guidance please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dr. Who playlist in recent albums
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:37:51 am »

That's fixed in the next build.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 08:21:20 am »

It's at the top of the MC20 board now.

CountryBumkin

Re: Dr. Who playlist in recent albums -
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 08:04:42 am »

The new version didn't seem to correct the issue for me. Is it working?

Background:
Turned on Dr. Who, signed up at Performer Store, and downloaded one Playlist.
That Playlist had 388 tracks.
After reviewing the Playlist, I deleted it, but the tracks, albums/Artists and Art remain.

Fix:
I sorted Audio>Files by "Filename" as the non-owned files have nothing in the Filename field, and then deleted all of those entries.

I would prefer all the Dr. Who playlists/files to stay separate from my "owned" music.  I think this is what the "new version" was intended to fix - if yes, it didn't work on my system with latest version from top of forum.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Dr. Who playlist in recent albums -
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:25 am »

I would prefer all the Dr. Who playlists/files to stay separate from my "owned" music.  I think this is what the "new version" was intended to fix - if yes, it didn't work on my system with latest version from top of forum.

You downloaded the playlist after the update?  It's working fine here on version 131.  Downloaded playlists don't seem to show up in my library.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:31:37 am »

No I downloaded the playlist before the update.

I thought the update would clear out (remove) the old playlist data from Recent Albums and such - but now that you mention it, it was unrealistic to make that assumption. I'll download a new playlist now and retest. Sorry.

UPDATE: tested - works perfectly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up