INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing MP3 File Lists  (Read 1424 times)

bebcha

• nothing more to say...
Printing MP3 File Lists
« on: February 13, 2003, 09:53:10 am »

I do not know how to print a listing of mp3 files on a cd in exactly the same order that the files are played on my mp3 cd player.
The file lists that I have been able to print are lists that are in alphabetical order of the artist's name, but that is not what I want. Can anyone describe how to print the files in the same order as they are played on a regular mp3 stand alone player? Thanks, Bob

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Printing MP3 File Lists
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 11:13:25 am »

Here's one way...

In MJ click on your ROM/RW drive to display the CD contents. Assuming you don't have playlist for this disk then create one by sending (Send To) the CD contents to a new playlist. If it sorts by name then display the Date column and click on the Date header to sort the list in ascending order. Now click on the playlist folder and then go to File>Export Playlist. Select either m3u or the ASCII Delimited. Now you'll have a text file you can manipulate. M3u's are nothing but text files. You can open them with NotePad, Word, etc. The full pathname will probably show up, but thats easy to edit out. Simple, huh?

10-27

edit > In case your interested, here's a way to put a HD directorys' contents into a text file. Say your oggs are in the music directory s:\ogg. Go to Start>Run and type in cmd (a DOS like window will open). Now move to that directory by typing in s: and then cd ogg at the prompt.

Now type in the following....
dir *.* /b >xen-music.txt

Walla...you'll have a file listing of the dir's contents in a file called xen-music.txt. The above assumes you are running NT/W2k/XP. Use command instead of cmd for W9x.

edit2 > Here is a far superior way then as mentioned in first paragraph...

Go to Start>Run and type in cmd (a DOS like window will open). Go to an empty directory (or any, really) like d:\temp.
Assuming your ROM/RW drive is X: and the CD is in the drive, type in the following at the prompt....

dir x:\*.* /b /od >cd-cont.txt

The file cd-cont.txt (in d:\temp) will have all the CD files listed in the order they were burnt

bebcha

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 02:50:15 pm »

I was very pleased to get a very useful and very prompt reply to my inquiry about printing MP3 File Lists. From the reply,  I understand what I was doing wrong and now, I am able to correct the problem. Many thanks to the person who wrote in the reply and I am thankful to the Media Jukebox people for having a program to which people take an interest in solving problems. Bob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 03:00:08 pm »

Bob,
You are very kind.  The person who helped you is a Zen traveler, who often assists those he meets.

If you stop back, will you tell us where you are?  And what you see?

Thanks,

Jim

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 03:01:50 pm »

USER: xen-uno has no life like me

and there are many more users with his high knowledge about the in's and outs of MJ8 and MC9
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 03:03:48 pm »

JimH

• Administrator