INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Editor failing  (Read 1421 times)

Myles97

Sound Editor failing
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:57 pm »

Very odd problem - Files that play perfectly in the main part of JRiver don't play at all in sound editor. Sometimes I get an message - error filling buffers 1..., sometimes it starts to play with a lot of sounds and clicks indicating things are out of sync, but you can hear the music underneath the noise. Stopping playback has results from being able to close sound editor, to hanging until I can pop up task manager to kill it, which takes some time, to having to power down.

Files are 24/192 native wav, direct rip done on a Tascam DA-3000. They play in both JRiver and Windows media player. System running Win 7 on an I-5, no other foreground applications running, no plug-ins. I need to clip off the intro with needle drop and the run out and/or run over at the end of each cut, but I can't get the files to play so that I can get time hacks.

The attached logs are from starting to play in sound editor with the play button (long file name) and from picking the playback button and then play (plain log.txt). From what I see they look like nothing played at all.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sound Editor failing
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:40:16 pm »

24/192 is a non-standard WAV file.  You might be able to convert it to FLAC and then edit it.

You might be able to use Particles in MC.  Please see the wiki for more information.

Myles97

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:14:21 pm »

JimH - I guess that is my problem for believing the advertising applied in all parts of JRiver. I thought editing would be considered part of "modifying playback"

Can you point me to documentation that explains the limits of using JRiver and WAV files? Our two posts seemed to be the only ones referencing WAV in this section of the board.

Thanks,
Myles

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »

For files like this, perhaps a third party editor would be the way to go.  Audacity is free and should handle most audio formats, WAV included.  It's pretty easy to trim audio in Audacity and then save it as WAV again.  I don't know what Audacity will do to the tags in the WAV file.  As long as they are saved in JRiver's database you should be ok, but you'd want to test it to be sure.  Just an idea.

Brian.

Myles97

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 12:47:20 am »

blgentry - Audacity worked to make those edits, thanks. When you export the edited filed you need to pick other uncompressed formats and it outputs in the format of the original file before editing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up